Re: Do you think Lifelines buffs are balanced?

by Blasian311

Original Post

Do you think Lifelines buffs are balanced?

★ Novice

Lifeline buff seemed like a "nerf" to some, but i feel like she completely unbalances the game.

Let me take you through a scenario: Both teammates down, I am running around Capacitor with my Mastiff in a 1v3, I knock the enemy Wraith. I continue my dance with the others, then I end up knocking the Mirage. Wraith is now back up because during this time Lifeline dropped doc and continued shooting at me. I manage to knock wraith again because she's low. Now Mirage is back. I knock him too, Wraith comes back with Lifeline and I finally die.

This scenario just turned a 1v3 scenario WHERE I WON and turned it into a 1V6 scenario, with 3 Wraiths, 2 Mirages, and 1 Lifeline. That is totally unbalanced. We had a different fight with Lifeline on our own team as well as theirs. Probably had a 3 minute long fight where both Lifelines just kept reviving us over and over again to extend the fight a very long time. That is ridiculous. Since her buff I feel EVERY encounter with her is HEAVILY impacted if she does not go down first. Not to mention, if you DO manage to overcome some of these scenarios, you have to run behind the shield they get to get the reviving players.

I think they should REMOVE the shield from docs revive, force players to crawl to safe places to activate it. Let Lifeline do a revive herself that is either fast revive or with shield. Not both, one or the other. That's the starting point to balancing her 

What do you guys think of her recent buffs with enough gameplay to evaluate? 

Message 1 of 20 (693 Views)

★ Apprentice

yea, she's OP. 

I've had issues with similar scenarios actually.

Her Doc Revive should get a CD like pretty much every other legend. If she has one, it needs to be longer and call it a day.

Message 2 of 20 (672 Views)

★ Apprentice

What’s the issue? They are several ways to counter her revive.

Message 3 of 20 (621 Views)

★ Guide
@ImpeccableMoment i would like to know
Message 4 of 20 (594 Views)

★ Guide

and the stupid devs didn't think about any of this 😂 what a joke.

Message 5 of 20 (592 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Blasian311 Pathfinder’s, Octane, Revenant’s & Loba’s Tacticals, Bangalore, Caustic, Crypto’s & Gibraltar Ultimates.
Message 6 of 20 (574 Views)

★ Guide
@ImpeccableMoment ultimate to counter something she can abuse repeatedly? idk. if not only does the shield block downed teammates but it also drone picks up while she provides cover fire. I admit that its good for duos but for trios it's a little too much having two teammates provide cover fire. The devs should have definitely thought of a cooldown. it's really dumb that they didnt.
Message 7 of 20 (527 Views)

★★ Expert
@Blasian311 You can also use a grenade at the right time to knock the person down again.
Message 8 of 20 (510 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Blasian311 Idk, what to tell you. Coordinate with your team more. Definitely plausible to do.
Message 9 of 20 (504 Views)

★ Guide
@ImpeccableMoment lifeline doesn't need to coordinate. just let the drone do it 😂 also what if you're in a situation like described above? 1v3 i guess you just run away because lifeline is a beast now.
Message 10 of 20 (465 Views)