Death Recap or killcam

by xWith_a_Y

Original Post

Death Recap or killcam

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

TL;DR:

Some kind of "Death Recap" pop up to add clarity and show how you died / what killed you. 

E.g. 

Pathfinder: melee "X" damage

Caustic: nox gas "X damage"

Downing blow- Bangalore: longbow "X" damage

Finishing blow- Bangalore: grenade "X" damage.

---

Do you ever randomly get taken out and wonder what the f*** just killed me yet you have no way of finding out, even if you spectate, there's no real closure as it seems to force you to spectate one random person.

I think a game like this which relies on so much clarity and the ability to learn and adapt from situations and yes losing and dying too, could benefit from some readability in terms what  killed you / how you died. 

I don't really like the idea of a killcam as this is usually always one-side "last hit" from the killers point of view, what I think would be best is some kind of "death Recap" where it pops up after you die with how much damage you took from what sources e.g.;

Pathfinder melee "X" dmg

Caustic gas "X" dmg 

Then in the middle have the "downing blow" and then the "executing blow" for what downed you and then (if) eventually what finished you off?

I think this would add a lot of much needed clarity to the game and also help new and veteran players alike to learn more and improve!

Thanks for reading !

P.S. - can you add more descriptions or stats to the guns I.e. Stability/accuracy, Fire rate, damage per hit, ammo count etc...

Message 1 of 1 (519 Views)