Re: Cultural Reference Bias..Why does Rampart have to be a half british-half ind

by INVINCIBLE_1F

Original Post

Re: Cultural Reference Bias..Why does Rampart have to be a half british-half ind

★★★★ Apprentice

Fact is what you say, is actually a real bias here. India unfortunately has the biggest garbage collection, dumping and disposal industry. So when you say she is just a bit of modder who scraps metal, just proves me further right. And no bro, Being big bulky guy as gay or little white girl being depressed is not a notion which i have. I am not stereotyping here, but with this thread continuing, i can further see how and where the references point

Message 21 of 28 (461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Yeah, it is simply how the world worked back then. X invading Y was at the order of the day. It was wrong btw.

But this looks like an unnecessary complaint to me. And coming off from people that were colonized by the Ottoman Empire, I absolutely won’t mind if they add a charachter which has turkish origins. Or if he/she is half turkish half that. I am here to play the game and just wanna to chill out.

Message 22 of 28 (442 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@AcidicSoda44031 Same for me! :D
Message 23 of 28 (405 Views)

★★★ Pro
@INVINCIBLE_1F Glad to hear you wanna chill as well and play Standard smile
Message 24 of 28 (374 Views)

★ Guide
@INVINCIBLE_1F First your saying that you want rampart you be one race, now your saying it’s good for her to be 2 races. Stop trying to make other people look bad.
Message 25 of 28 (371 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I never said I want rampart to be one race.. But, about how this experiment of A British-Indian mix was not that perfect as they deemed it to be, due to the history between the two societies. I wanted to know the take of community as well as make people realize how important cultural research aspect of characterisation is.. whether of game, story or novel. Any medium.

Message 26 of 28 (339 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@AcidicSoda44031 Do send me a request, me level 500 now
Message 27 of 28 (337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@BBY_YOD4Bro, not making you look in bad light. When you said she is "just" a modder, you actually thought through the lens by which the character is represented, and it is not your fault..This is how she is represented. She could have been an engineer too like Wattson, but guess that slot was full lol.. There is something called ordinance engineer in armed forces. Do check!

Message 28 of 28 (335 Views)