Re: Cultural Reference Bias..Why does Rampart have to be a half british-half ind

by INVINCIBLE_1F

Original Post

Cultural Reference Bias..Why does Rampart have to be a half british-half indian?

★★★★ Apprentice

I really did not understand the logic of Rampart being half British, Half Indian. Look at other characters, they are from west, america, europe, northern parts of world, africa..Nowhere we found a (Half this, Half that)situation like Rampart. Do you guys even realized, India was a colony of British for 200 years, and that period is a dark phase in our history. Was it really necessary to have an Indian character, but halve her origins and mix it up with colonizers. When Gibby can be a perfect Maori, Bloodhound can be Perfect Norse, What was the reason behind this amalgation?

I do feel she was introduced in so much hurry..with her introduction trailer no where in depth near crypto or Loba. The Community wants to know.

You have given reference to Indian Gods and Dress up style in The character skin(the tattoo at forehead which looks like 3rd eye of shiva), but why not directly refer? We are not that intorelant.

Please do some research before introducing the characters and giving them a background story. India is the country with most efficient and economic rocket launch system, and this is a sweet coincidence. But, on the whole, Rampart lacks the cultural depth which other legends have..If you were thinking Indian community will be able to connect with it, like others did.

Sorry not sorry, 

Devs failed here.

Peace out!

Message 1 of 28 (2,020 Views)

Re: Cultural Reference Bias..Why does Rampart have to be a half british-half ind

★★★★ Novice
@INVINCIBLE_1F You do realize that a lot of people can move to a different country and have babies right? Just because she sounds British doesn't mean she is half British. If she was born in (or moved at a young age to) America she would sound a little American. The only reason she sounds British is the lingo, people can use whatever lingo they want.
Message 2 of 28 (1,898 Views)

★ Guide

wpyDT2a.png

dude it's a video game chill out

Message 3 of 28 (1,890 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

Just one piece in whole cultural disintegration puzzle.. I already said Peace out!

Message 4 of 28 (1,868 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

People say that she is "BRITISH INDIAN" officially. I have no problems with people who migrated, but if you google it, With the deep wounds faced by India during the British Colonization, This character background only serves to break rather than unite.

And Yes Its just a Video Game!

Peace Out!

Message 5 of 28 (1,867 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

You do realize that the British were brutal in their colonization of India, don't you? 

I think her accent is excruciating to listen to. 

Message 6 of 28 (1,849 Views)

★★★ Pro

@INVINCIBLE_1F wrote:

People say that she is "BRITISH INDIAN" officially. I have no problems with people who migrated, but if you google it, With the deep wounds faced by India during the British Colonization, This character background only serves to break rather than unite.

And Yes Its just a Video Game!

Peace Out!

You really do believe that Respawn actually intended Rampart to somehow break apart India and undermine their interests by being mixed race? Thats just right wing conspiracy nut talk, indian edition.

Message 7 of 28 (1,821 Views)

★★ Novice

who actually cares?

Message 8 of 28 (1,816 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@BigBlackCausticNa Man! I am not accusing Respawn of such "undermining". I feel that they lack a bit of in depth research regarding the real cultural scenarios. I can challenge, do same in China with a character half-japanese, half-chinese, Chinese Government itself will ban the game before even people will quit. Why? Because Japan attacked China and brutalized it.in WWII So, if you can cut out voice lines, just because of it being "sensitive", You can be sensitive enough to do in depth research culturally before introducing a character.

Message 9 of 28 (1,762 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

You Don't, Many Do!

Peace Out!

Message 10 of 28 (1,760 Views)