Crypto the Hacker, whom hacks next to nothing

by Monhulio

Original Post

Crypto the Hacker, whom hacks next to nothing

★★★ Guide

So I recently finished playing watchdogs 1 & 2.
I see all this amazing potential for hacking capabilities.

and

I see the world of Apex as either semi-technologically advanced or fairly-technologically advanced universe.

I see Crypto classified as a hacker & surveillance expert.......

Can we please get some of this hacking capability added in already?

Previous old suggestions

1. Crypto can use drone to temporarily lock doors for a short time. They are still breakable (except for the ones that aren't obviously). 
  2. Crypto can use drone access respawn beacons to bring back team mates.

New suggestions

1. Crypto has hacking pips that allow him to perform special actions with his drone. The previous suggestions use hacking pips. Pips regenerate over time and regenerate faster when the drone is stowed.
  2. Crypto can hack explosives on the ground, and remain active for a duration (1 active at a time, crypto must be in maximum range). Explosives are armed and trigger their effects upon an enemy entering the radius. When a player enters an armed grenades radius they see the alert icon as if the explosive had been thrown by a player and landed near them. Players have the regular amount of time to flee from the blast radius (perhaps minus some of the cooking time on frag grenades). Explosives have a visual light indicator displaying from afar that they have been hacked, providing info ahead of time to players that the ordinance is live, meaning observant players can be careful. Shooting live ordinance sets it off, allowing players to disable the threat if they notice it.
  3. Crypto can hack explosives being held (as in, in their hand at that moment in time) by other players, triggering their effects early. Frag grenades start cooking, potentially exploding on the player if held for long enough. Arc stars slow the one holding them but can still be thrown to avoid direct blast damage. Thermal leak flames bellow the player dealing damage immediately but can be thrown to minimize the amount received.
  4. Crypto can use his drone to hack into enemies coms, revealing their location for a brief duration. Must be in threat scan radius during hacking.
  5. Enable objects in the world you would expect to be hackable, to be hackable and add more hackable objects to the world. IE, Crypto can hack the train to stop or start it. Crypto can hack jump pads to cause interesting results (maybe they bounce in the opposite direction, or straight up). Hack wattson's pylons / fences to either disable them temporarily or make them friendly to allies and hostile to enemies temporarily (or reverse the shield regen into shield degen). Hack caustic gas traps to disable them temporarily or make them hostile to enemies. Access Loba's black market boutique from drone, dropping items snagged on ground at boutique (introducing the possibility of using enemies boutique "stealthily"). Hack enemy doc's to prevent healing or res. Hack upcoming champion Rampart's amped cover to prevent firing from both directions, allow firing from both directions and amping both projectiles, or reversing firing direction while amping projectiles. Crypto can hack loot drones to drop loot instead of requiring it to be shot down (I mean seriously).

There are so many potential hacking possibilities for Crypto but he really doesn't get to shine as a hacker or surveillance expert at all. After playing watch dogs it really shows so much potential for our hacker friend and just how lackluster his drones skill set can be. The requirement for any and all of these would be that you are using the drone to do the hacking, seeing as players are so vulnerable during this time, why can't we do more with the drone?

The three results to enemy seeing a drone

1. Don't care, can't hurt me
  2. Shoot it like crazy (but ppl can't seem to aim)
  3. Shot down insanely fast

We don't have to have every single one of these implemented, but he REALLY needs more capabilities with his drone, as a "surveillance expert" & a "hacker". His drone is his entire skill set. Let that skill set be powerful please, that way it actually hurts when the drone gets shot down. 

Message 1 of 2 (295 Views)

Re: Crypto the Hacker, whom hacks next to nothing

★★★★ Pro
@Monhulio No, you're supposed to hack the game, THEN play as Crypto. Didn't you get the memo..? 🤣
Message 2 of 2 (246 Views)