Crypto's Lack of Hacking

by ExiledPhoenix42

Original Post

Crypto's Lack of Hacking

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think it's pretty hilarious how Crypto is supposed to be an elite hacker, and yet NONE of his abilities allow him to hack anything. So I came up with a few ideas on how to address the hackless hacker.

Crypto should be able to hack Respawn Beacons, granting those who are respawned Level 1 Gear and a P2020 with one additional stack of Light Ammo.

He could hack into downed Cargo, allowing him to upgrade the loot inside to the next level. (Blue -> Purple, and Purple -> Gold. Gold cargo is unhackable.)

He could hack into Care Packages, setting a trap that would cause whoever is near it to act as if they were just hit by an E.M.P, but only half of the effect.

Finally, Crypto could hack into Survey Beacons, but it would work as if he had just used his Map Room. If would reveal the location of all nearby enemies for a short time. The range would be the same as the range of Crypto's Drone.

I want Crypto's skills to be fitting to his history. If you have any other ideas that would fit this, then do your thing.

Message 1 of 3 (293 Views)

Re: Crypto's Lack of Hacking

★★★ Apprentice
@ExiledPhoenix42 do you mean all of those abilities? Even one of those would make him way advantaged against other characters but for things that he doesnt need. I agree he needs a buff with a new passive ability but something more minor and that doesnt use the drone.
If he was able to hack doors with his drone or his hands then hed be more useful. Maybe able to hack (lock) up to 3 normal doors at once, any more and the first one unlocks. Doors can obviously still be broken by melee but it would help him either hiding in a building or stopping an enemy from escaping one
Message 2 of 3 (238 Views)

Re: Crypto's Lack of Hacking

Message 3 of 3 (198 Views)