Re: Crypto's Kit For Arenas

by Adendon

Original Post

Crypto's Kit For Arenas

★ Guide

Really interested in what devs think about Crypto's kit in Arenas. My thoughts on it are it just doesn't work and outside of maybe(and that's a maybe contingent upon a good player)being okay on Skulltown, I actually roll my eyes when someone on my team picks him.

In 3v3 he turns the fight into 2v3. There's no need for banner scanning. I feel like his drone should be passive over his shoulder and he could leave a 3 second scan of anyone it sees. I am really bummed you guys didn't look at his kit prior to Arenas being implemented and fix it. Super bummed you don't look to be doing anything about it after a whole season either.

If this game was made by scrappy game studio punching above their weight I'd be fine with it, but like you are one of the big dogs and I've played all seasons, and I have to say I am super tired of how passive the changes are from season to season and how long legends are left to whither on the vine for multiple seasons. 

Crypto's kit is busted for Arenas. Just straight up. Really wish you'd guys do something about it.

Message 1 of 8 (419 Views)

★★★ Pro

Yo I absolutely agree. What good is it? Scanning is useless. If you do not find the enemy squad in front of you, it means they are on the other side of the map. Really a no brainer. Bloodhound is probably a better choice. The scan range might be shorter, but its more immediate and doesn't leave you 2v3. 

That, and those Lifelines that wait for her CP to drop on the Olympus Garden map. I had one that did that everytime the rounds started, and the other Bangalore teammate waited too. Meanwhile as a Valk I was crying inside, because I knew the enemy would get the high ground first and I certainly couldn't take on them 1v3. Guess how it went? Yes we lost 3-0. You'd think they'd get the memo from round 1, but no....

Message 2 of 8 (405 Views)

★★ Guide
@TheeMindGoblin I still say that he should be able to pick up crafting materials with his drone
Message 3 of 8 (377 Views)

★ Guide

I can totally get behind this. It's just really bad for the character and for teams that have him on them that it renders the match a 2v3 because using the bot takes the player out of control of their legend and most of the time they fly around in the bot until both team mates lose 2v3 and then they try and 1v3 as Crypto. It's so bad it almost feels like Crypto trolling their own team.

Message 4 of 8 (369 Views)

★★ Expert
@TheeMindGoblin Crypto should be receiving some sort of Buffs in Season 10 so he isn’t totally useless compared to Bloodhound or Seer

Personally I think Crypto has the potential to be strong in the right hands in BR, but for Arenas he is basically useless because there are no banners to retrieve, you don’t need to know where the other Squad is in most cases, there are no survey beacons to scan for the next ring location, basically the only thing Crypto would be good for is his EMP which needs to be purchased and it probably has some sort of cooldown between rounds before it can be purchased again like Revenant’s Death Totem
Message 5 of 8 (353 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I suggest you focus on the banners.
There are a lot of banners in the arenas, but you all know how useful they are. If the banners show the number of enemies (namely enemies) around him (the banner) in a certain radius, which will also be specified (20-50 m on each banner), in this case Crypto can become as useful as in BR

Message 6 of 8 (330 Views)

★★★ Pro
@TheeMindGoblin just had a Crypto teammate sitting on the drone, and the other teammate screaming at him in the chat to not stand there. Its sad that people even bother with scanning in Arenas. I think the drone should be used to ult on the enemy team to damage their shields and then rush in to take them down. But this will likely require you to be in a pre-made with friends and to be well positioned. Randoms are unlikely to follow through with that plan, and that's assuming they even thought about it to begin with.
Message 7 of 8 (292 Views)

★ Guide

I like this if it's passive information for him in Arenas. He shouldn't have to swap to his droid for it. Arenas is just such a different animal from BR and they didn't even bother addressing it.

Message 8 of 8 (285 Views)