Re: Crypto's Drone Pull-out changed to a Throw (Sort of like R6S's throw)

by PholanxTTV

Original Post

Rif.: Crypto's Drone Pull-out changed to a Throw (Sort of like R6S's throw)

★★★★ Novice

@PJBurrows1991 Why do you think so? There's not much you could really do to nerf him besides take away the range that the drone spots people or decrease the damage/range of the EMP. 

Message 11 of 20 (1,017 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@TezukaLycon Mainly because the drone can continue to mark enemies where as bloodhound can only mark them for a few seconds. Yes I know the drone can be destroyed but it is still more useful than bloodhounds ability.
Message 12 of 20 (1,012 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@PJBurrows1991 Well, in theory, it kind of cancels out. Bloodhound also scans enemies for a few secs and your entire team sees them. The few secs that the drone scans them unless the team is super busy in a fight, they will shoot/destroy the drone. When Crypto uses his drone, he's stuck in that position which leads to a 3 v 2 situation. Bloodhound uses his scan ability and can stay in the fight making it 3 v 3. Atm, it seems more like Bloodhound is close-range/combat stimulant solo fighter while Crypto is more of a long-range/aoe team support recon. They both have their pros/* and establish their presence in different ways.

Message 13 of 20 (991 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@TezukaLycon I do understand where you are coming from cause I thought the same too. Just I’m not the best player in the world but even I do pretty good with crypto. Maybe he just fits to my play style.
Message 14 of 20 (955 Views)

★★★★ Novice

We all have different play styles. But either way, it was fun chatting with you. @PJBurrows1991

Message 15 of 20 (924 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I too have had the same thought, right now cryptos drone animation feels so clunky.

I can already see this being a great tactic and make him far more viable. Heres a scenario.

Youre running through the train yard tunnel where the loot vault is with your team. An enemy team start shooting at you from behind and you decide to run for cover in the tunnel. As youre sliding down the tunnel, you throw your drone behind something out of sight, and keep sliding/running. When youre a safe distance you activate EMP and boom, Reverse Uno card. Thats 150 health gone from the enemy collectively, makes for a easier clean up.

Message 16 of 20 (1,859 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Exactly. Somebody give this man a cookie or in this case, accept his answer as the solution.

@PholanxTTV wrote:

I too have had the same thought, right now cryptos drone animation feels so clunky.

I can already see this being a great tactic and make him far more viable. Heres a scenario.

Youre running through the train yard tunnel where the loot vault is with your team. An enemy team start shooting at you from behind and you decide to run for cover in the tunnel. As youre sliding down the tunnel, you throw your drone behind something out of sight, and keep sliding/running. When youre a safe distance you activate EMP and boom, Reverse Uno card. Thats 150 health gone from the enemy collectively, makes for a easier clean up.

Message 17 of 20 (844 Views)

★★ Expert
@PholanxTTV "Reverse Uno card" Gold +1
Message 18 of 20 (837 Views)

★ Guide

Wow haha, didn't expect so much love for that reply. But thanks everyone!

But yes, it would be nice to be able to throw the drone out sort of like a grenade that hovers. So it will in a way stick to surfaces? Throw it at the ceiling, it hovers just underneath it, at the wall, hovers next to it. Thrown sort of the same distance as caustics smoke bomb ultimate. That way its not just Yeeting it half way across the map.

this way of using his ability would be a great way to synergise using his drone as you can activate EMP without entering the drone. And can be used more like a remote detonated emp rather than “need to fly you here while i stand still for a second and risk being shot at”

As it stands now, it is very clunky to use. In a game thats as fast paced as this you have to dislike animations that slow you down.

Message 19 of 20 (804 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@PholanxTTV Exactly. It's because you're speaking the truth and being more detailed than I am really.
Message 20 of 20 (789 Views)