Crypto rework that would meta him.

by Dedprice

Original Post

Crypto rework that would meta him.

★ Apprentice

I've been playing Apex alot. I usually play as revenant or bloodhound, and use to main crypto, unsuccessfully as he is imo the current worst legend in the game. With the release of Rampart though I think these changes could bring him back strong. Right now the meta is either move fast and hit fast, or stay still and bunker down. I think crypto should be a new kind of meta. The anti meta. His emp could provide a longer stun effect, remove 50 shields (MAKE IT HIT EVERYONE BUT HIM, ALLIES INCLUDED. THIS ALLOWS HIM TO SNEAK UP AND ACTIVATE IT THEN MOVE IN RATHER THAN SIT BACK WHILE HIS TEAM MOVES INTO A 2V3 WHICH IS HIS BIGGEST PROBLEM) 

Additionally, his drone itself is useless. Bloodhound can scan so rapidly and in wide areas, picking crypto over blood hound is next to having 2 IQ. With changes like targeting an enemy that has the drone slowly circle, said targeted enemy, could make him optimal. That one enemy is hunted by said drone until recalled or destroyed. This would also allow crypto to move while his drone is moving. We would have to lower the drones health though because otherwise it would be op to have a drone following you, revealing you until crypto makes move. This would also make the drone useless in doors. If it had a preset or automatic flight pattern it would be banging around indoors. You could also just have the drone unable to perform it's hunt mode indoors. This idea is to mainly stop fast moving players, who can slip in and out of fights, IE ult Bloodhound, or octane, and providing tracking up to a certain distance.

This last part can be put in ADDITIONALLY or ALTERNATIVELY. But every character right now is using technology yet crypto can't back any of it? Wattson traps. Caustic traps. Revenants Totem. RAMPARTS EXISTENCE. Lobas black market and jump drive.

I don't think cryptos ult should destroy these but instead he should be able to actively hack them from drone. Currently you can EMP them sure but the rate other legends Regen means they just throw it all back up, while Crypto waits another 5 minutes for an emp. I was thinking maybe he could have his drone hack things with a long button command such as holding the reload button for 2 seconds while remaining still, and within a certain range of maybe 15 meters. This let's his team continue to push, shuts down many camp tactics, and makes his drone actually useful outside an emp. 

These are all thoughts. Criticism appreciated

Message 1 of 6 (474 Views)

Re: Crypto rework that would meta him.

★★ Apprentice

auto surveillance sounds cool but he's definetly not the worst legend. many pro teams are playing him, just watch ALGS or some twitch player in a pred lobby. Just need to learn how to use him, like using the emp and do a timing attack... no use in emp'ing an enemy 200 meters away like some are doing, other than charging your evo...

Message 2 of 6 (420 Views)

★★ Apprentice

maybe he should have an option of auto tracking a selected enemy so while it follows the enemy he can quickly get into position and drop the emp on them while they push

Message 3 of 6 (346 Views)

@Dedprice might be very subjective but personally I cant stand Crypto. Nothing to do with his character but the drone drives me insane, its like having a fly in the room and trying to hit it.
I do not want to see any buffs to him unless its a total rework.
Message 4 of 6 (336 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was thinking that maybe a buff where his drone follows him for a certain distance only allowing to highlight things in the direction you are facing. I feel it wouldn't be too op bc its loud, visible and literally over his shoulder or something. But, while also still allowing him to emp either from a distance or while its following. Quick tap on the dpad to pull it out and have it follow you, long press to pull it out and enter drone view so you can scan ahead. Oh, and still allowing to be shot down when in drone mode and maybe get destroyed by emp when its following, just like traps and pylons. And the ability to scan other drones.

Message 5 of 6 (327 Views)

★ Guide
@Dedprice Just make emp not effect teammates. Would make for better team play especially for solo queuers
Message 6 of 6 (305 Views)