Re: Crypto needs a better, or at least different ability kit.

by gigator2000

Original Post

★★★ Novice
@Condor442 I agree that it is strong but how often are you able to recharge shields after being hit by an emp. In my case I would say about 80% if the time. so taking all the shields isnt all that bad if you have a shield battery. Also when the EMP is about to go off, your two teamates are pushing a squad of three and crypto is always a bit late.
Thats my opinion.
What do you think?
Message 21 of 27 (302 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@gigator2000 I think that it's actually quite easy to push as a full squad playing as Crypto. If there are 30m between you and the other team, and you place your drone 10 meters past the other team, that gives you only 20 meters to get to the team after the EMP goes off. When you aren't in drone view, you can see how many meters from the drone you are. As long as you are 30m away from it, you won't get hit. and you can activate the EMP while not in drone view. So pushing in with your team isn't all that hard. At most, you're 30m from your team, which doesn't take much time at all to traverse. What I like to do is place my drone, exit drone view, and get a running start so that when the EMP goes off, I'm at the edge of the blast radius and already moving full speed. Even if the other team had time to pop a cell(definitely not a battery) they are still at a shield disadvantage, are disoriented, and aren't prepared when you barge in. If you time the EMP REALLLY well, you wait until your team has forced the other team to shoot at you a couple times so that they also have to reload before you get there. I think that his EMP is one of the most useful Ults in the game. Most Ults that hurt other teams are fairly avoidable and mostly used for crowd control, forcing teams to where you want them to be. but Crypto's isn't so easy to avoid, as it goes through walls and rocks. it's undervalued because Crypto as a whole is undervalued. but that's because, like I've said many times before, going into drone view makes you a sitting duck. I think that if we are given even the slightest ability to place the drone without going into drone view, he will automatically become a top 3-4 legend.
Message 22 of 27 (285 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Condor442 I agree that the EMP can be used effectively, but it is extremely hard to execute. If it is timed perfectly, you can get a shield advantage. But even then, the EMP could attract a ton of other squads, and when you are exiting and charging, there is enough of a gap for an escape or interrupt from another squad. And then there is the matter of having to judge distances while providing information, which is hard. And again, if you are playing with randoms, which is extremely common, It would be very hard to coordinate these distances. I would like to hear you thoughts.

Message 23 of 27 (259 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Condor442 well if the hacking were to be leting you know that the enemy is there giving a farther radious than his drone like caustic leaving his trap somewhere and you can see it being activated instead of locking the fUnction from other players like not being able to respown or open doors etc.
Message 24 of 27 (234 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Alphabets i do like the item carring idea but lets say limit it to two items and exclude some things like body shields or weponds so as to not take away from lobas ult also the drone is a servalence so it wouldnt be for carrying a lot of stuff. also make his passive hacking things mabe items so when a charicter picks it up there position would be reviled for a time and make it like caustic trap range. so you can pick uo to 6 items be it wrpons or doors to hack shields etc i think that would be cool. esp if uou drop something and someone uses the cash shop and picks it up think of the posibilitys 😁
Message 25 of 27 (231 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I agree with Condor442 to some extent, In my opinion Crypto is the most hard legend to master, Yet he doesn't feel as rewarding as what mastering others gives you. Although what Condor described can happen in a perfect world, It's not always the case, Your drone can be destroyed on its way to the enemy or while it throws the emp blast, Leaving you and your teammates at a disadvantage because you are way behind them, Another thing to keep in mind is that when you are controlling your drone and your team isn't near you then you are valrunable to enemies sneaking up on you. All in which makes Crypto a high risk charecter to play as.

Message 26 of 27 (217 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SERPENT_DESCEND I think that with Crypto's mastery there comes a sense of creativity as well. with the drone being so hard to hit and having 30 health, it's hard for someone to destroy your drone, especially if you treat it like another squad member. dip in and out of cover, stay low to the ground(sounds counter-productive, but when you are going in for an EMP, trust me) and zip side to side a little bit. your drone will be fine. and as long as the person who is playing Crypto is communicating, the rest of the team shouldn't be going anywhere without him anyways. @catmix666 I've personally never really had an issue with executing the EMP. If I ever mess up or if it is destroyed, I realize almost immediately what i did wrong and I learn from it, but it's not often. as for attracting other squads, that is going to happen regardless. people hear guns and immediately run that way. It's up to you and your team to have the best position and be aware enough to know when a team is coming in, and re-position accordingly. Plus, I like to try to be the 3rd party anyways, EMP two teams that are already fighting is very fun. It should also be very easy to judge distances because 1. your drone shows you the distance between it and where it is pointing, and 2. the tactical icon when the drone is deployed tells you how far the drone is from you. Like I said before, as long as you are 30m from the drone, you wont get hit with the EMP. As for escaping, there is only so much you can do, which is part of the reason I would like to have the ability to just throw the drone 20-30m in front of you, because then if you need to you can throw it at a wall or something and then activate your EMP while you and your team escape. effectively the same use as Bangalore's ult. Maybe I'm just too into Crypto but I just think that if his tactical changed this little bit, his ceiling would be so incredibly high.
Message 27 of 27 (179 Views)