Crypto buff

by zombieshoota5000

Original Post

Re: Crypto buff

★★ Guide
@DreNH17 I don't know about your experience while using crypto or with crypto teammates.

But I can tell you from my personnel experience that I never see a crypto player able to use drone correctly despite having a good or decent stats. Can those crypto player kill? Yes, but they mostly flop when it comes into using the drone properly.

So far I have never see a crypto player does this...

1) While moving from 1 area to another, just pop the drone & check the banner rather than moving the drone around looking for enemies. Banner show 0 squad? Recall and move on.

Banner show 1 squad or more? Recall or reposition the drone, search for enemy without using the drone. If teammates is Bloodhound, tell him to scan.

2) At King Canyon map, hide the drone on the tree.

3) Enemy Gibraltar activate dome shield & you have Bangalore teammates? Splendid, placed it at top of his dome, wait for Bangalore ultimate to land on the ground & pop the EMP.

4) Placed a drone before engaging the enemies. Shield break? Retreat to your drone, activate EMP & use shield battery. If enemy chase after you, they would lost 50 shield and by the time they reach you. You would have full shield against their half shield.

5) Place drone at banner so you don't always have to moves the drone around looking for banner especially if you going to stay at 1 area for awhile. As long as drone isn't 200 meter away from you, you can do a quick banner check with drone. Save you the time to control & moving it around.

6) Enter an area with 2 way entry such as Bunker at King Canyon map or tunnel at Mud Geyser at World Edge map? Place it at the entry before proceeding. If any enemy coming from the back, at least you would know.

The only thing I see from crypto player is that they continue to control the drone despite not having EMP. People are not annoyed by crypto, they are annoyed by bad crypto.

I see some player claim they are good crypto because they kill well. Kill well doesn't make good crypto, a good position of the drone or EMP that overturn the situation is exactly what makes for good crypto.

Crypto honestly doesn't need movement speed buff, it just encourage a bad play. He need buff, but not this type of buff.
Message 31 of 54 (617 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@DrSeptimus this is all pretty basic you must be playing with wannabe Cryptos and probably haven’t played ranked at a high ranked with actual Cryptos.
Message 32 of 54 (612 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'd say the only way Crypto needs to be "buffed" is a way for both him and his drone to be moving at the same time. Other than that, Crypto is in a fairly good spot.

Message 33 of 54 (600 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ExiledPhoenix42 yea but still don’t know how moving with his drone would work but if that can’t be figured out I say speed boost should be added.
Message 34 of 54 (597 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@zombieshoota5000 So a small speed boost could help catch up with his team if far away and maybe there should be some easier way when using his drone.
Message 35 of 54 (566 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hoo boy...

Let's think about it this way, then. 

Let's say he *does* get this buff. It assists a *little* in allowing him to catch up to his team. Problem solved, right?

False.

He'll end up being the fastest legend, and just might have to wait for his teammates to catch up. 

It just might be abused the hell out of by taking advantage of a faster movement speed during combat. It'll be easier for him to slip away, he'll be harder to hit because he's moving too fast for people to compensate during crisis situations. (Don't tell people to just aim better, someone is going to fall up short in aiming, and it ain't your place to say.)

Why use Octane if Crypto has a passive movement speed buff, bottom line, without needing to be shot at, nor consuming your HP bar. just a basic speed boost for no reason other than the specific purpose to catch up to people.

You see what I'm getting at?

The movement speed buff, sure, would do wonders in allowing him to catch up to people, but that's a BASIC BUFF for a specific reason. So no. Step down from that throne, and instead, think of a way to make his drone more useful.

It doesn't matter if it does something instantaneously, those are situations that do not inhibit your enemy, only granting *minor benefits* to your team. He's one of the more worse legends, and desperately needs a buff in a different field.

Hope this got through to you, @zombieshoota5000 

Message 36 of 54 (517 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@WhiteJackal-16 Okay smarta** I’m not saying oh this will make Crypto the best legend and he will never need any buff I’m just saying that he would need a better way to catch up with his teammates when using his crone and MAYBE a little speed buff would help.
Message 37 of 54 (495 Views)

★★★ Pro
@CompleatBeet Exactly, he is buffed into oblivion. I picked him few times, Just used drone and farmed RP, I was like what the heck. I barely did anything beside EMP and using ult acc lol
Message 38 of 54 (492 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@WreckingVi He does need some kind of buff and everyone thinks hes so good when he’s literally one of the worst legends with a low pick rate an everything.
Message 39 of 54 (457 Views)

★★★ Guide

Crypto does not need a buff he is one of the best legends in the game if he is used right. He is just a very high skill capped player. If you know how to play crypto and main or mained him like I did you will eventually learn how to use his drone. Before the buff he got yeah I agree he needed a buff. Now while cypto has great synergies such as wraith and pathfinder. But he is also good on his own. Every legend is good once you can use them well and correctly. Bangalore is meant for confusing and scattering enemies and allowing your team to get better positioning. Wraith is about mobility. Pathfinder is about getting better positioning. Lifeline is about helping your team. Revenant is meant for super aggressive pushes. Loba is meant for repositioning and getting better loot. Wattson is about setting up a defense. Mirage is about causing people to give away there positioning. Caustic is about area denial. Gibby is about defending teammates. Bloodhound is about figuring out where people are. Rampart can be used to fortify a position or she can be used super aggressively if you know how to play her like that. Octane is about going fast and being hard to hit. And I imagine horizon will be about positioning/mobility.

Message 40 of 54 (434 Views)