Re: Crypto buff idea

by AngstyCoder

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I want to add one more thing here, that crypto may take a new passive, in which from one eye he can see the normal game stuff, and from other he be able to see banners without drone, how many squads are near to him. 

Message 11 of 22 (394 Views)

★★★ Guide

I started to play as him mainly due to his ability, where you can see how many squads nearby there are. This solves 3rd partying for me.

I finally managed to reach 100 wins not so long ago, with mic it took me 1208 games, so this gives 8% winrate. I play only ranked.

In my opinion it all comes down to the team - if your teammates are rushing into a fight, and there are 3 squads nearby, there is little you can do.

Message 12 of 22 (387 Views)

★ Apprentice
@DesertDust91 so you said you can use drone in between the fight, sometimes you saw the banners, there are 1 squad, then all in sudden when you take fight 2nd squad use octane jump pad, or pathfinder ult or valk ult and reach on your head, or sometime they just run and reach the fight, if crypto one eye can see the banners enemy squads, it will be most useful thing for crypto
Message 13 of 22 (353 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yes, it happens from time to time. Sometimes it is just badluck, sometimes combat takes too much time and others join in.

In ideal situation you can park your drone high in the air to look around. It is especially useful on olympus, which is quite open, you can see enemy squad from the drone, but it will still show you 0 squads nearby, because they are too far.

That one-eye thing would be helpfull, but it would also decrease its reliance on drone. Whole character is centered around it. I don't think it would be good for it.

I think respawn will introduce small changes to him, but i don't complain. If you wan't to play safe and don't like unexpected 3rd parties, it is still best legend to play.

Message 14 of 22 (339 Views)

★ Apprentice
@DesertDust91 one eye mechanics will give him opportunity to see if there is any third party chance during fight or not, 8 out 10 I die due to third party..
Message 15 of 22 (320 Views)

★ Novice

I'm gonna be honest with you I agree with both of you guys perspective. Crypto is both good and bad.

He is not good in sense of apex normal play and that is why he isn't picked often. Similar to rampart he is meant to stand still and it causes people to complain about him as a whole especially since you gotta get pretty good to use him to his full potential. If I was the developers I would say they buff characters enough to make them balance and fun to play for everyone. Since crypto is least picked as of now they prob will rework him or attempt to. 

With your ideas though I doubt any would make it in besides faster handling when throwing it out and the banner spotting from the eyes of crypto himself. He is only least played cause he is too stand still for the type of gameplay people normally expect. The drone is more of the legend then he is. (I main him as well) it can be sad to hear people lash out on you cause you are a bit behind and stuff but it definitely isn't cause he is bad. I just think him and his drone need to be more in sync.

What I suggest is having the drone follow him from whatever angle he puts it. Along the lines it would also be helpful for it to follow opponents if told to do so. This wouldn't be broken because 9 out of 10 times it's shot down anyway but at least crypto isn't completely useless if he can still see banners with his eye. This would also keep the fight from getting to far making him need to control it again and reposition while his teammates fight a 2 v 3. He definitely should not see through walls as that would take the fame from bloodhound. If anything for a extra perk it should be to carry mini items back to crypto (through picking and dropping not by recalling the drone and simply having the item teleport).

Else wise emp from his back while drone is holstered would be nice and drone being able to see shield percentage would make being in the drone more useful, thus giving him a reason to be on his drone and be more "prepared" for a fight. These changes would make him a overall better recon fighter like bloodhound and Valkyrie without overshooting other legends or being to weak.

Big point is: he needs to be less static and more interactive with his team and the surrounding area. This would prove a bigger pick rate and less major changes to his overall playstyle and character!

(Fyi alot of people hate crypto because they die hard bloodhound fans so I wouldn't let them get you down on your ideas. Just remember to keep it balanced and fair for everyone else Nerd )

Message 16 of 22 (300 Views)

★ Apprentice
@RedofRazors Thanks buddy, actually issue is that at some points crypto is defenseless and he is forced to use his drone, best example is to see banners during a fight to check whether a third party may happen or not, with his one eye mechanics that will make him mobile legend, then drone will be just focused to scan hidden enemies, emp blast and to pick banners and respawn, auto pick banner and respawn may make him more mobile legend.
Message 17 of 22 (289 Views)

★ Novice

Respawn Really needs to buff him badly to be honest. the lack of mobility is sad in a way. I can play him just well but still. Quite sad and annoying. Im working on a project for him right now so hopefully when i get it all done it may get their attention :D. Its just me rn but i can do it myself just may take a bit lol.

Message 18 of 22 (283 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@AsadNonari I like the idea, since it reduces the need to micromanage things.
Message 19 of 22 (267 Views)

★ Apprentice
@RedofRazors Best of luck, hope so this drone kid may get buff someday
Message 20 of 22 (259 Views)