Crypto/Revenant rework

by anotherrandom56

Original Post

Crypto/Revenant rework

★★★ Newbie

Alrighty, hear me out. Revenants current tactical ability should become part of crypto’s ultimate. Crypto is a hacker after all and should be able to shut down the abilities of the opposing team with his ultimate. So, when crypto does his ultimate now, the other team will not only loose shield damage, but they will also be unable to use their abilities for the duration of the effect, which can be determined by someone else at Respawn.

Back to Rev, he revolves around death and I’m sure taking someone’s abilities has nothing to do with that. Rev’s tactical will still include the little ball and nothing will change on how you use it; the only thing that will change is how it functions. Instead of deactivating the enemies’s abilities, it will now create a short damage increase to those who are hit by Revs tactical. This can be a possible 3% damage increase that lasts 5 seconds. And instead of having two tacticals, it will go back to one. If not, then the damage increase will not stack if you are hit with 2 tacticals. There is also the option to increase speed by 5% to those who are hit by Revs tactical, just to make things more interesting.

Now before someone says, “but you can’t take someone’s abilities and give it to someone else”, remember what they did to lifeline and gibby. If it can happen to them, it can happen to anyone.

Message 1 of 9 (743 Views)

Re: Crypto/Revenant rework

★★★★★ Guide
@anotherrandom56 It's doesn't necessary mean someone can disable others abilities if they are hackers, On top of that it makes perfect sense for Revenant to have the ability to silence enemies because that fits with the rest of his abilities.
Message 2 of 9 (699 Views)

★★ Expert
@SERPENT_DESCEND
I agree, although a lot of Revenant’s abilities don’t really make sense. The Silence doesn’t really have the same theme as his other abilities, but it works.
Message 3 of 9 (649 Views)

★★ Expert
@anotherrandom56 Making victims take an extra 3% more damage isn’t really helpful. 3% isn’t much.
There’s a fine line there, make the damage too high and it’s kind of op, make it too low and it’s practically useless.
Message 4 of 9 (646 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I am interested in Crypto's E.M.P. doing a little more than shield damage... Although, if properly executed- it's already a nice engagement tool. You Ult a team -preferably while in "Shooter-Mode" (Not the Drone)- then quickly scoop up the enemies while they -no doubt- are thinking "Heal, Heal, HEAL".

Once again though, perhaps a short reasonable duration, where abilities are silenced; could prove to be more effective and fair.

Message 5 of 9 (594 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@StarMystro Silencing abilities is Revenant thing. Why people won't stop trying to make legends less unique by suggesting multiple legends to have the same ability?
Message 6 of 9 (587 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SERPENT_DESCEND Ehh it's just that an E.M.P. seemed like an ability to have some kind of 'lingering effect'.
Message 7 of 9 (572 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@StarMystro Yes but as I said earlier silencing should be Revenat and only Revenant thing. A better, More fitting buff would be to make shield cells/batteries take longer to use for 10s after EMP (There seems to be electricity in them after all so it would make sense). This way you have a little bit more time to actually take use of your EMP before your enemies completely recovered from it. I was also thinking of disabling shield recharging items usage after EMP for 10s but I figured out that would be op if Crypto and his teammates pushed quickly after EMP blast went off. Another way to buff it (Although this one seems to be most effective in late game) is to disable gold items passives, The main point of this would be to make it effective against people with gold shields because right now they can only use one shield cell and it would fully recover them from EMP.
Message 8 of 9 (545 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SERPENT_DESCEND That's an interesting idea! Increased time to use shield cells/batteries due to a debuff caused by Crypto's E.M.P.-That's a possibility.
Message 9 of 9 (512 Views)