Re: Crypto Drone Ability idea.

by StarMystro

Original Post

Crypto Drone Ability idea.

★★★ Novice

I always hear about the ineffectiveness of how Crypto doesn't hack in-game, and how he's pretty useless when his drone is destroyed. I want to discuss some interesting ideas to solve this issue and talk about some concepts for Crypto that don't relate to this. For a personal ability that will help him in close combat, when Crypto sees a highlighted enemy by his drone, he sees more than his teammates, such as how much ammo the enemy has in his clip/magazine left, will highlight any thrown grenades by the enemy, his drone if nearby and by pressing a bind, will slam into the enemy dealing 15 damage to the enemy and to itself, knocking an enemy back like a bullet/punch unless they have fortified. Another passive idea is called Visor of Truth which is only 1/3 the highlighting distance of the drone when he sees, but will tell you how much hp the opponent has, their current ammo, is their tactical charged up, etc.

Message 1 of 4 (477 Views)

Betreff: Crypto Drone Ability idea.

★★★★★ Guide

Ulti: - EMP exists the 50 shield damage can remain but the stun effect must be. Even under the EMP hit by a grenade this will be much more effective. And he should no longer receive any damage from his own EMP

Secondary: Its drone will be combined with its possible passive functions. One distinguishes the drone with an infrared function. This ability also has a cooldown, of course.

New passives: When looting an enemy deatbox, Krypto will now find a small device if it has located the position of the corresponding squad for a short time

Message 2 of 4 (456 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@daxeboi I hear similiar complains as to Crypto's "ineffectiveness", but truthfully; His power is very much there- in the hands of a good tactician. It's a whole different style of play involved, which is why I think many players don't unleash his true potential.
But I do like your ideas of adding, perhaps, additional information when scanning enemies. Such as seeing their health -or seeing thrown grenades (I like that idea). I'm not in favor of "mechanic"-changes, like how the ability operates or it's function. But I really like the idea of things that are "layered in", if that makes sense? Like how you mentioned 'seeing extra information'.

Message 3 of 4 (373 Views)

★★★★ Guide

What is bad is that he has to use the active already to deploy EMP, so it is very conditional and open to preventive actions like destroying the drone.

No other legend has this problem (well, maybe future Valk?)

In this regard, I propose that EMP does a little damage on ennemies wearing armor in addition to armor damage (like "field burning you because of metal heat and explosions"?)

Crypto, as a tech spec, would have the additional passive of being able not undergoing such effect (because "shield frequency attunement" or so?)

I think that Crypto is overall good but depends a lot of its mates. To make him a little more autonomous as his drone makes him interesting to play,
I propose that his drone is given the ability to pick up a unique item, being slowed and less controlable in the process,

so that you can get a new gun or ammo from a safe place for example.

The ability to load a grenade ("manually") would also be interesting, it was nerfed previously but it made Crypto less passive, if only the drone would be slower and less controlable  because of the load, allowing sharpshooters to defend themselves.

Or having a build in "tear gas" canister with one charge that would make vision blurry instead, without killing the drone like EMP...

Message 4 of 4 (238 Views)