Crypto Buffs Suggestions

by Leo_the_Lion25

Original Post

Re: Crypto Buffs Suggestions

★ Guide
@Pallo420 In order for crypto to be good you have to use a Mic and communicate. His ultimate is his biggest asset to the team when pushing. However when he doesn't have the ultimate all he does is highlight the enemy and sometimes it's not enough tbh. If there was a way that highlighting enemies gave some sort of small buff it would be nice and make up for the missing gun.
Message 21 of 38 (579 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Blasian311 Very true point. A nice quality of life buff would be to add a voice line when his drone detects enemies within 200 meters. Similar to how wraith emotes when someone aims at her.
Message 22 of 38 (568 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I mained Crypto for probably the last 1/3 of the season, and I can definitely tell you he has value. I think that where people miss out on his value is that they want to use him offensively. It's very possible to do so, but you have to select your opportunities very well. I think that what would make me happiest and would be a small change to him would be having the ability to just put the drone out in front of me without having to go into my drone view. This would shift him from being all about preparation, and more about protecting your team with quick information. I could get into the fight, stick my drone against a wall facing a direction that I'm not watching, and be on my merry way. I know that the devs wanted to provide a risk to using his abilities, but to quite literally be a sitting duck is just a little much. 

Message 23 of 38 (559 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

ACTUALLY!!! If I could have the ability to point at a spot, and press my tactical button, the drone should go there. If I hold the tactical button, I can use my right joystick to point the drone in a specific direction(clicking the right stick will make the drone look straight down). If they want to balance this so that it has a drawback, make it so that I cant use the drone again until I've recalled it and waited 5 seconds. 

BOOM! problem solved. Lets get it going, Respawn.

Message 24 of 38 (557 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Que le pongan la mejora que actualmente está con caostic que es que el PEM no realentise ni haga daño al equipo amigo 

2 quisiera que fuera un poco más discreto el dron 

Que quitasen ese destello naranja y el ruido eso revela demaciado 

3 también una idea que quedaría perfecto es que no fuera detectado por bloodhaund o por alguna leyenda futura de rastreo 

4 que pudiera dirigir con un botón especial a donde ir el dron sin tener que entrar a la pantalla de dron.

La primera pulsación del botón especial sería para donde dirigir el dron y al mentener pulsado el botón dibujar una línea hacia donde quiere que vea el dron 

Message 25 of 38 (474 Views)

★★ Apprentice

you can use (on ps4) x and o to move up and down independently of camera orientation.

Message 26 of 38 (441 Views)

★★★ Pro

It is amazing to see how much better Crypto has gotten over the last like 7 months since I made this thread.

And Season 5 allowed him to finally ping Display Banners to tell your teammates if hostiles are in the area. 

The only other change that Crypto needs is to be able to hack a Survey Beacon, but if you do this. Give Pathfinder another passive that is unique to a Pathfinder only. 

Great job on improving Crypto. 

Message 27 of 38 (403 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Leo_the_Lion25 He is still desperate for a big buff tho
Message 28 of 38 (382 Views)

★★★ Pro
@SERPENT_DESCEND I disagree, a good Crypto main will perform well with the current version of him. He's almost one of the best Legends in the game. If he hacks a Survey Beacon though, he's going to be in the pro scene.

The only other change I like to see is a bug fix on the Drone Hit Reg. As mentioned in other Drone threads, the drone can take more bullets to destroy despite it only having 30 Health. But that is something else that can be addressed in the future.

It's just annoying to see the hit markers on the drone but it still flying.

Also, Crypto is one of the best legends with a Gold Helmet. I also think that is why the devs never made his destroyed drone cooldown at 30 seconds from 40. With Gold Helmet, not only does he get faster EMP Charge Times but his destroyed drone cooldown become 30 seconds from 40.

Crypto is strong than what he was in Season 3 release. Season 4 improved him more. Season 5 made him even more slightly better. But if you're already using a mic to talk, the change didn't really matter. It was really good for people who don't use mics.
Message 29 of 38 (373 Views)

★★★ Novice

If that was to he the case his drone health MUST be nerfed by a good deal. 

Message 30 of 38 (348 Views)