Crypto Buff Idea Season 5

by phantomkiller143

Original Post

Crypto Buff Idea Season 5

★★★ Novice

Don’t get me wrong, crypto is really fun and takes a lot of skill to play with. But this legend isn’t viable and needs a buff/rework. This is what I want from crypto to make him a great legend and not overpowered. 
First, His passive Neurolink needs to be apart of his tactical. Also the drone scan should be from 30 meters to 40 meters. This is better than having the drone come up in front of someone’s face to scan them. After that, the drone needs to be slient or at least be quiet, the drone is really loud and can be found really easily. The drone doesn’t need a health buff, speed buff, or reduced drone cooldown. 

A better passive: Crypto’s passive should be being immune or not found by Bloodhound Sonar or Another Crypto’s drone. Don’t forget to mention not being able to get hit by his own EMP Blast.

Drone’s EMP: The EMP should be changed. The blast should deal 75 shield damage. And give more slowdown time like for 7 seconds. 

I think this would make crypto a better legend.

Message 1 of 8 (552 Views)

Re: Crypto Buff Idea Season 5

★★ Expert
@phantomkiller143 Well, they can’t make it so that he’s not detected by other reconnaissance legends, because then he’d become a counter to all of them. It’d be like Caustic, where he counters himself. It could work, but it’s a very awkward ability.
Message 2 of 8 (491 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@phantomkiller143 I love both the changes. Hes a hacker and was supposed to be very secretive leading up to season 3 so it makes sense he doesnt show up on sonar or drone scans - also doesnt make him a proper counter to all of them as both crypto and bloodhounds ultimate work on him.
The increased time for the increased damage EMP sounds great! What about pressing the EMP button twice... first to start charging, second to set it off, and the longer you charge the more it does? So you can choose to set it off immediately but it does like 25 damage, and you can charge up to like 7 seconds for 75 damage. Other peoples ideas for this would be great!
Message 3 of 8 (392 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@phantomkiller143
His scanning range shouldn't be more than 30m because it's the same range as the ultimate. Also I figured out being immune to scans would be very situational and not what he needs overall. Your ultimate change is so op there is no way it will be implemented.
Message 4 of 8 (384 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@UnwarierSquid16 EMP charging mechanic won't work, You are not supposed to keep controlling the drone, Once you press EMP button you need to quickly switch over to Crypto so you can catch up to your teammates and actually make use of your EMP.
Message 5 of 8 (379 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did go really ham with the EMP buff but the stun time is really bad and should be buffed instead of 2 seconds 5-6 seconds. Because it’s hard to push knowing you have 2 seconds to push n deal damage.

Message 6 of 8 (368 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@SERPENT_DESCEND Yes but with the two press charging mechanic you could easily use the controls you use when out of the drone for either the charge or the hit or both
Message 7 of 8 (351 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@phantomkiller143 5-6 seconds can lead up to very easy squad wipes with the enemy not having a chance to defend himself. Also EMP isn't only meant to stun enemies, It also eats through their shields.
Message 8 of 8 (348 Views)