Re: Concise Legends Review

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Concise Legends Review

★★★ Apprentice

Impactful Legends

Bangalore

Although her ultimate is a little lacking, her smoke grenade is very useful. Not only can it be used to help revive teammates, but can be used in tandem with other hero/weapon abilities (ie. Bloodhound's ultimate or the legendary 1x scope). Unfortunately her ultimate is best used as a zoning tool, and maybe only useful against experienced players in small play areas due to the delay and being able to simply sprint outside it's range.

Improvement suggestion: Reduce the time it takes for her ultimate to damage enemies.

Bloodhound

When used properly, bloodhound can help improve team positioning and communication. Not to mention the ability to see through smoke and highlight distance enemies with his ultimate, this character is well equipped. Especially the bonus movement speed? Yes please, and pass me all your ultimate accelerants too.

Improvement suggestion: Improve Eye of the Allfather. Unless someone is camping, usually you can hear footsteps long before this skill ever becomes useful. I suggest perhaps allowing a shorter duration but enabling ability to see enemy moving, not just the last place they were standing still.

Caustic

The ability to lay down traps that damage, but more importantly, slow enemies is a very effective tool. When used by a player who truly understands how to use Caustic, this legends can be devastating in zoning off areas, communicating against enemy flanks and dealing decent damage.

Improvement suggestion: Reduce the coolddown on his ultimate.

Lifeline

What is not to love about this hero? Shorter time to heal/charge shields... more gameplay changing plays via revives/saves... and a smaller hit box? Not to mention everyone loves a care package.

Improvement suggestion: None, this character is already well equipped.

Pathfinder

Very mobile character that enables teammates to better move around the map. When played well, this legend is absolutely a force to be reckoned with. Since the hitbox buffs were instated, I would put this hero on the top shelf with Lifeline.

Improvement suggestion: None. Although this hero is very agile, it takes time to master and there is a learning curve. I wouldn't suggest it's hitbox is any worse than Wraith or Octane. I believe this hero is in a decent place - it's the other legends that need to be brought up to it's level of gameplay.

Mediocre Legends

Wraith

Although very popular, Wrath is only decent because of her "oh ****" Into the Void movement skill and her small hitbox. Into the Void is in a good place because it requires users to learn and use it properly. However, if her hitbox was enlarged or she simply stood up properly like other legends, she would get way less playtime. She's in the mediocre set of legends and not the impactful as she's realistically a soloists wet dream. Besides her ultimate, she has nothing to offer her teammates and her abilities are quite bland comparatively.

Improvement suggestion: Add a small movement speed increase with her Into the Void ability OR increase the range of her ultimate placement portal.

Octane

Another small hitbox legend, Octane use really relies on the players playstyle. An argument can be made he is effective at flanking and getting behind enemy lines quickly, but everyone can hear his stim usage for faster sprint a mile away. In fact I always thank Octane players for giving away their position all the time. His ultimate is fun, and can be useful for team positioning, but most of the time it's wasted and used ineffectively.

Improvement suggestion: Reduce the sound using his stim makes to sprint faster OR improve his ultimate is a meaningful way.

Poor Legends

Gibraltar

With the exception of a few Gibraltar players, this legend is usually a waste of pick. His ultimate is much better than Bangalores, which gives him at least some reason to play, but his Dome Shield just doesn't cut the mustard. He throws it down and usually enemies just wait and time it out until it's done, throwing grenades to where his protection shield used to be. In close quarter it's a little bit better as it forces the enemy to come to him... He just doesn't quite have what it takes to stack to not choosing other A quality legends.

Improvement suggestion: Reduce the cooldown on his Dome Shield OR allow him to pickup fallen teammates and drag them to safety (not gibbed out to respawn mechanic, just downed). Or totally revamp his Dome Shield by removing it from the game and replacing it with something fun like Shield Bash - where he would dive forward some length and knockback/deal damage to any enemies in it's path.

Mirage

There are alot of Mirage players, I was one too at some point. But then after you realize his ultimate is really disappointing, and most decent players no longer get faked out by images, his toolkit quickly evaporates. If faking out enemies is this legends jam he needs to be able to do it better.

Improvement suggestion: Images should fire "rubber bullets" in the direction they are facing that deal no damage but create the SFX and look like he is really firing OR when he uses his ultimate his images should sprint outwards in all around him straight in the direction they are facing.

I hope you consider and enjoyed my feedback,

Cheers.

Message 1 of 4 (276 Views)

Community Manager

We really appreciate the descriptive submission on the Legends for Season 1! What would you do to make Octane's ultimate better? 

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 4 (254 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Octane's Ultimate

We can go two ways: 1) improvement on team capabilities or 2) disable on enemies

1) Improving Team Capabilities

Introduce a 3s or short duration movement speed increase after landing on the ground for all teammates. This will increase versatility of the ultimate and make it a viable tool in battle or for escaping with.

OR

For 4s after launching into the air all teammates have improved accuracy when firing from the hip for all weapons. This will promote players to attack while in the air and could create some very fun moments.

2) Disabling the enemy

If an enemy walks onto a friendly jumppad they become incased in stem juice and the trap encloses around their legs like a bear trap, causing a short duration (2s) where the enemy cannot move. This would make the ultimate not only good for team positioning, but also could be used in doorways or as an effective zoning tool.

OR

If an enemy uses the jumppad their movement speed is slowed for 3s upon landing on the ground.

Message 3 of 4 (248 Views)

Community Manager

Causing the enemies to walk slower after using the jump pad would make for some interesting plays too where Octanes would set those up in rooms. 

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 4 (245 Views)