Changes to Lifeline

by TheGuardianWolf

Original Post

Changes to Lifeline

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
I personally feel that Lifeline needs a bit of a buff in general. The healing drone is nice, but benefiting from it is slow, which means excessive time standing still, which is excessive time when you're not doing literally anything else in a game when you should be constantly doing other things. It greatly feels like the benefit of using it is countered by this fact. Healing is something literally every character in the game can do, and the comical thing is you can still move while using items, even if it is more slowly. You could argue that her ultimate makes up for a sub-par tactical, but... not really? I'm not saying it's not good, but it suffers from similar issues. If your team is doing well and has good armor, it's not as helpful. And you can't exactly call it down effectively in the middle of a firefight or in the last few circles where people are nearby, when you're more likely to actually need it. It's also easy to spot, and it charges sooooooooo slowly.

Lifeline is literally the only healing class in the game, and yet she feels lackluster, and that makes me sad because she's a really neat character. I don't have as much of a definitive answer to how I think she should be changed, but perhaps if her drone healed all friendlies over a much much wider area then it would be more helpful during a firefight. Alternatively, if you could assign the drone to someone and it follow them, or if you're not pointing at another player it would follow Lifeline naturally. It would still heal players in the circle, but would benefit from also being able to be mobile. Just something to make it feel more like an active ability and not, let's sit in a corner silently for a minute while this bar slowly regenerates.
Message 1 of 15 (2,299 Views)

Re: Changes to Lifeline

★ Apprentice

Point of order:

Healing is NOT something everyone can do, because first they need to find med packs.

Lifeline is literally always free health, so less inventory is used.

Message 2 of 15 (2,280 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I think they need to add another healer, maybe shield healing, and then possibly nerf Lifeline. I know people will think that’s crazy but from what I’ve been seeing, she’s basically a near essential character in any team. I’ve seen way too many people who seem to main her over other people. 

Message 3 of 15 (2,247 Views)

★ Apprentice
I have a feeling people main her more not because she is OP, but because she's the easiest to use as a newbie.
Message 4 of 15 (2,234 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I think the bot needs a better up time, and it needs to follow players or detect the team member that needs healing and move to them, many times I've pulled the bot out and people just run off, It also need to have a HP pool and can be shot by the enemy.

Also I feel her ult is ok early game, and pretty useless late game.

Message 5 of 15 (2,166 Views)

★★ Novice

I play lifeline a lot and you only talked about her healing drone. In my honest opinion, she does not need a buff, she is fine. She can revive knocked down teammates faster while protected by an unbreakable shield wall and her healing items are used 25% faster. Her ult always includes at least a shield cell or syringe drop as well with equips or sights. The one thing I would say to change is the amount of knockdown shields that drop from her ult and the quantity of item drops to help the team instead of one person. 

Message 6 of 15 (2,157 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Agreed but have u notice the ranges on drone

Message 7 of 15 (2,151 Views)

★★ Novice

The tether range is short, it would be cool to have it be an aoe

Message 8 of 15 (2,147 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yup

Message 9 of 15 (2,136 Views)

★★ Guide
I main Lifeline and am overall impressed, but still feel there's some tweaks to be made.

When deploying the healing drone, it should follow you around while active.

Her tactical revive doesn't really feel much quicker than any other legend reviving. The shield it puts up is not all that useful in most situations it seems. Enemy, "look a shield, not gonna waste my bullets". The shield can also be a beacon to your location if you managed to slide into cover of a bush or behind a rock. With the shield just being a short wall, grenades can still be lobbed over ignoring the shield. And the revive not being much quicker allows teams to just rush and finish you both off while trying to complete the revive.
Message 10 of 15 (2,045 Views)