Re: Changes I would like to see in wraith

by cheatercheater00

Original Post

Changes I would like to see in wraith

★★★ Novice
  • Make wraiths phasing trail invisible
  • hear the voices of the void when someone targets any member of your squad, either specify the direction or player targeted.
  • reduce the time it takes for wraiths phasing ability to activate and be able to cancel it early to surprise your enemy.

ive put a bit of thought into wraiths abilities, and wraith is an offensive character, and her abilities should make her feel as such. Her phasing ability is mostly defensive and her ultimate really only supports her team. I say leave the support of transportation to pathfinder. His ultimate easily overshadows wraiths because it can be used to reach higher places and has more distance. Here are the changes I would like to see in her tactical and ultimate abilities.

Tactical: a quick 20-35 meter warp to either get the jump on the enemy or make an escape.

Ultimate: i thought about this one a lot. I want to make the concept badass and fitting for the characters playstyle and this is what I have come up with:

Pick a single target and strike swiftly from a distance with the kunai and teleport again to retreat. Or potentially choose to stay next to your target or retreat.

thank you to the people who took the time to read this, I seriously hope respawn takes my suggestions into consideration. These changes/additional abilities, in my opinion, fulfill wraith’s role as an offensive character and her power fantasy. Thanks again for reading.

Message 1 of 18 (641 Views)

★ Pro

So you think this would be balanced compared to the other Legends?

Message 2 of 18 (621 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Nice. Buffing the already best Legend seems legit. Standard smile

Message 3 of 18 (612 Views)

★★★ Novice
Maybe it would be a bit op, but I was only intending for the ult to do about 75 damage and be able to attack from around 15-25 meters. But it definitely fulfills wraiths role as a character, while her current abilities, in my opinion, don’t.
Message 4 of 18 (603 Views)

★★★ Novice
I mean, it’s not like respawn can’t buff the other characters to match wraith, and they’ve done something like that already.
Message 5 of 18 (602 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I think those ideas are great. Respawn should totally change Wraith to this. Plus changing her hitbox to Gibraltar size.

Message 6 of 18 (572 Views)
Highlighted

ZeptikkHue what makes Wraith the best Legend in your opinion? She's my fav class but I haven't figured her out yet. Both phasing and tunnel are useless as defensive abilities imo. Tunnel is great as support, to speed up travel after looting, or for respawns. Not sure about the phase ability. I've rarely used it in successful fashion.

Message 7 of 18 (564 Views)

★ Guide

It's not just my opinion, but the opinion of most high skilled streamers I've seen and Respawn also admitted the characters with the smallest hit boxes performed the best statistically.

So, the main one is that she have the smallest hit box. Secondary she can use her tactical to get away and heal up, which is basically an extra life. She can also use the ultimate in combination with her tactical to either get away or flank while invulnerable.

There is a reason why the people with the most kills in this game play Wraith, although it is of course possible to grind kills with other Legends too, it's just not as effective.

I do however think she is not the best legend for a great team dynamic, so she might actually have her weaknesses in pro-tournaments, but so far it seems her solo performance more than weighs up for this.

Message 8 of 18 (553 Views)

★★★ Pro
You should change your posts title a bit, it needs to be "my ideas on how to make a already OP character more powerful and remove her only drawbacks that made her sightly balanced so I can farm more gg ez kills without having to increase my skills"
Message 9 of 18 (534 Views)

★ Pro
I mean, your idea could be cool and everything but I think that kind of Legend design just wouldn't fit in this game. That type of kit reminds me of the characters in Overwatch but I think that Apex first and foremost must be a pure FPS BR in which the shooting and movement on equal terms is what determines the skill of a player.

You suggests a kit that DIRECTLY affects the fighting with no-to-little drawbacks at all. If you think about, pretty much ALL current kits of the legends are much more subtle and most of them doesnt give you an advantage per se. The "classes" are pretty meaningless; I mean most people play all champs almost exactly the same with the exact same level of aggressiveness regardless if they are a "support healer" or a "forward scout" etc etc.

Message 10 of 18 (527 Views)