Re: Caustic state after 7.3 patch.

by Ablackdude1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Caustic state after 7.3 patch.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Still bunkers. Big slow bullet sponge with useless gas that only puts his team in disadvantage and is of no consequence to enemy.
Having different hitbox sizes would be fine, but having twice as big target with inferior kit to wraith is just a bad design.

Gas needs to linger on infected enemy - keep the niche of short range area denial but make it actually disable enemies. Blind, dot and dmg increase is essential on his ult, Nox Gas.
Increase amount of traps he can deploy to 8, nothing major but it already is a passive ability that requires enemy to walk into to pop and even then it does nothing substantial to them.
Why isn't wraith's void not limited to 4 per game, or Bangelore's smokes to 6 whole game? Sounds silly right?

He is still slow, clunky and easy to take down target with nothing to compensate for it.
PS: His tactical ability seem to be bugged too where sometimes it doesn't trigger at all even if enemy is standing on it, sometimes it pops up like 5 seconds after person passed next to it.
I has to be instant and it has to slow down momentum of enemy, not just movement speed but slides and jumps too.

Message 1 of 15 (911 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Villent_58 Hey, in the quote below 
LEGEND ADJUSTMENTS WE'LL MAKE AT THE START OF SEASON 1

Minor balance changes:

• Caustic

• Traps - Reduced cooldown to 25 seconds from 30 seconds

• Traps - Increased radius and proximity radius by about 10%

• Traps - Removed a 1 second delay on the smoke dealing damage to players

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/ay5hh2/live_balance_update_live_on_all_platforms_lets/

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 15 (835 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

The balance changes aren't fully live yet.
Only the weapon rebalances on peacekeeper and wingman

Message 2 of 15 (885 Views)

★ Guide

The patch notes post from devs on reddit says "Live Balance Updtate live on all platforms".
Where does it state not all changes are live yet?

Message 3 of 15 (879 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Balance patch is a joke.

Wraith have 90% pickrate and they do nothing, Caustic have lowest pickrate and again, they do nothing. Do they really think 10% of gas radius increase can change something when gas is useless? You can still walk through it, it still blinds teammates, barrels still can be destroyed with shooting in the base. Caustic will be useless as it before. His model is big and no hitbox adjustment can change that he is bullet magnet. 

I'm genuinely mad that they lack the balls to do significant changes. What a joke, we need to wait for a season for this slight unimportant changes go live and then god knows how many more weeks for them to pull themselves together and do something. You know, when someone have 2% pickrate you need drastically changes.

Message 4 of 15 (866 Views)

★ Guide

agreed, caustic ultimate is totally useless ,  people still can enter and kill you . IF they increase the damage rate then it would be fine + area size  just like Bangalore's ultimate. 

Message 5 of 15 (852 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Villent_58 Hey, in the quote below 
LEGEND ADJUSTMENTS WE'LL MAKE AT THE START OF SEASON 1

Minor balance changes:

• Caustic

• Traps - Reduced cooldown to 25 seconds from 30 seconds

• Traps - Increased radius and proximity radius by about 10%

• Traps - Removed a 1 second delay on the smoke dealing damage to players

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/ay5hh2/live_balance_update_live_on_all_platforms_lets/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 15 (836 Views)

★ Guide
Having a 90% pick rate on it's own doesn't mean the other characters aren't good. I don't even like Wraith. She is my least favorite character.

This reminds me of fighting games when most people call a character trash just because they don't know how to use them. His gas could use a few adjustments, but many of you are on a slippery slope. If you make his gas completely incapacitate, how will you stop him when you are playing against him?

My brother primarily mains Caustic, and we do work. Caustic has tons of benefits. Everyone running around with Wraith means nothing. she doesn't even have any offensive powers. Increase Caustic's gas damage too much, and it can ruin the game.
Message 7 of 15 (722 Views)

★ Guide

@enite 
I don't know how you can fight against him, like maybe disabling his traps or just shoot his enormous hitbox? Or I don't know, keep your distance?

His kit requires enemy to interact with it - currently it deals 7dmg per tick, you take a step back you're not hurting at all and blur fades instantly.
His kit has extreamly short range, gas is not affecting sliding / jump speed, the blur can be mostly ignored and you can literaly just stand inside the nox gas and either ignore it completly with syringes (happened so many times when I got downed by PK in my own gas they finished me off and just stood there looting, then one syringe and they're ready to go).

Message 8 of 15 (710 Views)

★ Guide
@Villent_58

It's that simple huh? I still feel like you don't really know how to use him.

Someone shooting his traps helps because he knows when his traps are gone, so he still knows you are coming. Shooting the trap also makes sound letting others know where you are located. That draws attention to you. How are you going to keep your distance? you just going to back up when you realize that he is there?

His Ultimate definitely could use a little juice, but again, I feel like you aren't using him correctly. This makes every character viable. He's not perfect, but Caustic is more than viable right now. And you seem to forget that right now he he has partners. If he couldn't fire a shot, the other 2 team members would wreck everyone if the opposing teams had a lingering effect from his gas. And give him 2 more traps? You have to be kidding.
And EA has already said that they are working on the hit box issue. Caustic has the ability to break the game like no other character if he is incorrectly boosted.
Message 9 of 15 (689 Views)

★ Apprentice

literally not useful at all when his gas doesn't eat health with a shield on it. Like you're saying people are trash with him his kit is useless. Stop trying to make excuses for it.

Message 10 of 15 (672 Views)