Caustic nerf

by cashm0n3y1

Original Post

Caustic nerf

★★ Novice

Caustic is too much literally. How can you have a character that can hurt you with increasing damage, slow you down, and completely blind you. Not even to mention the recharge rate on his traps are fast. We need to nerf this character in some way this is highly unsat. Fix it for the community please.

Message 1 of 17 (1,281 Views)

Re: Caustic nerf

★★★ Pro
@cashm0n3y1 If I had a dollar for every time someone complained about Caustic being OP I could afford my very own MLG pro gaming instructor by now..
Message 2 of 17 (1,225 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@cashm0n3y1 Do you play as Caustic? Because if you don't, then you clearly don't think he is OP.
Can he be annoying in some situations? Definitely. But if everyone thought he was annoying, he would be the most sought after character to play with in the game.
Message 3 of 17 (1,205 Views)

★★★ Pro
@cashm0n3y1 Caustic is a nobody... Leave him alone.
Message 4 of 17 (1,168 Views)

★ Guide
@cashm0n3y1 I totally agree with you
Message 5 of 17 (1,126 Views)

★★ Expert
@hhnbbfggty66 harsh but true nonetheless.

OP must've met a really aggressive caustic pro player who was probably in the Apex tournament to think Caustic is "too much"

Caustics weakness lies in his strength. His gas, if you are inside it, RIP you, if you avoid it by walking away from it or shooting the canisters as he throws them, than he becomes just another legend with a big hit box.
Message 6 of 17 (1,111 Views)

★★ Novice

I play can play as every single character in the game with no problem. My k/d on every single one is 1.80 and up check my stats if you dont believe. But caustic is a very OP character. Nor is he a hard character to use. Play around 50+ games with him and you will see what I mean

Message 7 of 17 (1,006 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

oh no, i walk into Caustic's house that he has been camping for the last 5 hours and i accidently active his gas trap but i still want to kill him so i try to walk through his gas and then he kill me. please nerf Caustic he is so overpowered and btw can you lower rank fee? i'm trying to reach silver. tks

Message 8 of 17 (931 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

If Caustic was OP, he wouldn't be the least played Legend in the game, only sometimes passed by Gibraltar, who is now meta. His traps have very short throwing range, can ruin your own teammates, and are VERY easily countered with a single bullet. His ultimate doesn't do enough damage to do anything but zone, similar to a Bangalore ult pre-buff, and his hitbox is massive, even the reduced damage taken doesn't make up for it imo. If anything, Caustic needs buffs, desperately.

Message 9 of 17 (860 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, nerfing arguably the weakest legend wouldn’t get much support around the player base I’d imagine. I’d actually say Caustic, Mirage, and Wattson all could use substantial buffs to be brought more in line with the other legends. 

Message 10 of 17 (739 Views)