Re: Caustic needs to be reclassified

by Sycogenesis

Original Post

Caustic needs to be reclassified

★★★★ Novice

His icon is a Shield icon which is the tank icon, He has no qualities of a tank in his kit at all he has no defensive capability

Message 1 of 10 (884 Views)

★★ Guide

Well he would excel at area denial which could kind of be tanky if his gas actually did anything

Message 2 of 10 (874 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

i just feel like he doesn't add really anything to the team and no thats not tanky , i feel like he needs a new passive n just have the gas vision baked into his kit. It's honestly a useless passive because ppl can still see through it well enough if they can see through the gas better then they can a smoke screen from Bungalore the passivde becomes useless and essentially leaves him with a empty skill

Message 3 of 10 (871 Views)

★★ Guide

& why is pathfinder a medic. he does 0 things in being one.

Message 4 of 10 (832 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The difference with the medic icon and the tank icon is that the medic icon doesn't just stand for "healing" it universally stands for support which Pathfinder does offer "utility" support to his team. The zipline is a utility support spell. At best Caustic offers Denial  of area but even then the Radius on the nades don't do much to discourage ppl from not just stepping to the side, it's honestly my opinion that he is prob one of the most useless chars i've played atm for a team comp setting.

Message 5 of 10 (815 Views)

★★★ Novice

Doesn't the shield Icon stand for "defender"?

Message 6 of 10 (781 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Defender and Tank are the same thing tho how is he a defender his entire kit revolves around the low dmg small gas  attacks

Message 7 of 10 (718 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yes Caustic is defender. The reason he doesn't defend much is that the damage on the gas is too low. Else he would be good at 'zoning' 

Message 8 of 10 (699 Views)

★★ Apprentice

His gas can seemingly do a number of things: damage, spot, obscure vision, area denial, and stun. That being said, it’s too hard make use of it consistently and the positive effect isn’t always terribly notiacble even when it helps.

If your team is being very mobile, your team keeps passing over open areas, or you land far from the circle, it’s harder to make use of his traps. I won a match with ransoms and though I know I did a fair bit of support and defense, they had 6 and 8 kills to my 1 because I kept locking down buildings for our defense but they would go out and attack people. 

Message 9 of 10 (645 Views)

★★★ Newbie

agree, they need to buff the stats or some new passive... I bought him because the idea of a trapper was really cool. until you found out people would walk around the gas traps and not trigger them at times or it did little damage and even no stun affect or anything.

Message 10 of 10 (628 Views)