Re: Caustic needs a rework or at least a major buff (long post)

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Caustic needs a rework or at least a major buff (long post)

★★ Apprentice

[This is going to be a long post. As a Caustic main i dont want him to be OP but its clear as day he needs more love.]

You know Caustic is still the worst legend in the game when there’s almost not a single streamer playing with him, when they can use Wraith, Octane, Pathfinder (aka broken hitbox robot), lifeline or bangalore to get easy wins.

The point im making is that Caustic has no place in a game like this where a small hitbox, mobility and abilities that dont harm your team mates dominate.

Even Gibraltar is way better than caustic since he has ways of defending himself and his teammates with his personal shield, his dome of protection and an ultimate that doesnt take half a minute to kill a squad.

Even after the buffs to his gas damage and his new and barely noticeable 10% damage reduction pasive he still sucks and gets killed as fast as the first day Apex Legends was released.

Lets talk why exactly Caustic needs a REWORK or a MAJOR BUFF/S

~ Caustic has the second largest hitbox in the game.

~ Caustic has no defensive abilities like a personal shield, a warning voice, a graple or a jump pad to escape or stop incoming damage (which is fine)

~ Caustic pasive is useless 90% of the time

~ Caustic has no mobility (which is fine)

~ Caustic traps are way too big (traps could be a lot smaller and still be able to block doors)

~ Caustic traps take ages to deploy and active 

~ Caustic traps damage is still a joke (any legend with mobility wont stay even a second or two in the gas which makes caustic even more useless on combat)

~ Caustic traps can be destroyed with just one bullet 

~Caustic ultimate is practicaly the same as his tactical ability but without all the things that make his tactical ability so useless and inefficient in combat.

~ Caustic is beyond useless on 90% of the map ( as soon as the fight takes place outdoors his traps are useless and he becomes a bullet magnet as everyone knows he cant do sh#t outside of bunker or a house.

So now that we know why Caustic sucks lets talk about some potential Reworks or Buffs.

1-. (Rework) Replace his tactical ability with a smaller version of his ultimate ability, something like being able to carry 4 to 6 gas grenades and be able to stick them to surfaces so they still function as traps or activating them at will just as he does with his ultimate at the moment, and for his new ultimate maybe he could have an airstrike of nox gas but i have to admit that would be a little to ridiculous.

2-. (Buff) Give him more gas traps to carry and deploy at any moment as well as having a  faster deploy and activation animation for his traps, and also remove the slow on teammeates and mabye making the gas damage a lot more punishing.

Message 1 of 5 (1,022 Views)

★★★ Pro
I love the idea of small thermite grenade sized (or maybe slightly bigger for balance sake) tactical nades that we can stick to surfaces, I really hope they do this because his current traps are honestly more a detriment to himself and his team than the enemies they're used against. As for the new passive I can't remember if it was fixed in the recent update but it's broken and causes the big guys to take HP damage even when shields are up, as long as they buff that and make it around 30% it should be fine.

Another suggestion I've seen in another post is to allow Gib and Caustic to stagger enemies by either sprinting into them or shoving a door into them so they're more menacing up close. And I think they also need a bit extra melee damage as well considering the weight behind their hits, wouldn't be broken at all considering melee duels only happen very early game
Message 2 of 5 (994 Views)

★ Guide
You are just a noob. Caustic is one of the best
Message 3 of 5 (979 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Caustic is the second worst character and Respawn even admitted that the bigger characters are the worst. Check any stat and you'll see Caustic coming out second worst overall.

It might be that he is better on console than PC though, but for PC he is really bad.

Guess It's you who's the noob then, if you are not just trolling that is. Standard smile

Message 4 of 5 (957 Views)

Community Manager

@FMA1498 wrote:

~ Caustic has no mobility (which is fine)

1-. (Rework) Replace his tactical ability with a smaller version of his ultimate ability, something like being able to carry 4 to 6 gas grenades and be able to stick them to surfaces so they still function as traps or activating them at will just as he does with his ultimate at the moment, and for his new ultimate maybe he could have an airstrike of nox gas but i have to admit that would be a little to ridiculous.

2-. (Buff) Give him more gas traps to carry and deploy at any moment as well as having a  faster deploy and activation animation for his traps, and also remove the slow on teammeates and mabye making the gas damage a lot more punishing.

@FMA1498 

Great write up! I'm assuming when you're referring to no mobility it's the hit box being larger due to the model of the Legend, but the speed he runs at is the same speed as any other Legend. The slower animation of Caustic and Gibraltar might seem like they run slower, but they don't.

Would love some gas grenades as well! Your concept on giving him more gas traps sounds fun, but might be more suitable as an Ultimate at that point. What do you think?

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 5 (943 Views)