Caustic gas has way too many debuffs

by Superlunar_Nim

Original Post

Caustic gas has way too many debuffs

★★★★ Novice

A slow, blind and straight HP damage is way too much. Plus he can spam it and drop it a significant distance.

Solution: Remove the slow, reduce the damage rate. Alternatively; take the character out of the game altogether, he won't be missed.

Message 1 of 26 (739 Views)

Re: Caustic gas has way too many debuffs

★★ Expert
@Superlunar_Nim Yeah, no.
Caustic really doesn't need to be nerfed, much less removed from the game. Lots of people would miss him.
The hp it takes isn't that much, literally just don't walk through it. It won't insta kill you, which gives you time to get out of there using most abilities. Wraith can literally just use her tactical and she won't be affected at all.

Caustic can't really spam it, as it takes about 25 seconds to charge each canister, and he has very little range. The only ranged part about him is his ult, which has more range but does basically the same thing as a trap.
The easiest way to not be affected by his gas is to simply just not walk into it. You can even shoot the gas trap base to get rid of it completely.
His ult has range and spread, but it doesn't stack damage, has a long pull out animation, and is literally an ult. It has to be better than normal.
Caustic is more niche, and can be good in the right situation, but is just as likely to get caught in an open area where his gas is much less useful.
His gas also slows and blinds his teammates.

All in all, Caustic does not need a nerf and 100% should not be removed. Got anything else?
Message 2 of 26 (727 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Superlunar_Nim You obviously sound butt hurt, just keep dying from a caustic. He's a great character, specially in situations where you're the last of your squad inside a house about to get jumped by a whole squad. Git gud m9.
Message 3 of 26 (680 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes "I killed a whole squad with Caustic, he's not OP". Solid point, I see the truth now.

Message 4 of 26 (637 Views)

★★★★ Novice

At least fire whoever implemented his design?

Message 5 of 26 (635 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Superlunar_Nim Yeah let's nerf the second worst character in the game because Tweedle Dum doesn't like adapting to situations where he can't press W into a building and win every game..
Message 6 of 26 (600 Views)

@Pretzelnutcake According to people's personal tier lists, Caustic is either A-Tier or S-Tier. So your proposal can't exactly be right.
Message 7 of 26 (584 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Peri_Longbow_plz Who are these people exactly? Do they have any credibility or just some random streamer who rages after every loss or laughs like a p when they win? Because you ask anyone who actually knows what they're talking about when it comes to Caustic and viability and they'll confirm my statement
Message 8 of 26 (558 Views)

@Pretzelnutcake And here we go again with "certain people's opinions being invalid for x reason to empower my statement which may or may not be equally as incorrect" - This is basically where arguing stops.

But if you want to know exactly, the first 5 google results. Plus, my friend is a caustic who says that caustic is extremely powerful especially in the last few ring contractions where one gas trap takes up a huge portion of the map - Well, at least in a mathematical way. And yes, continuous damage, vision obscure and slowdown are three very powerful combined traits in a game about fast paced survival where paying attention to your surrounding is key to victory.

Probably the reason why his caustic has so many wins to kills and level, but I guess what do I know.
Message 9 of 26 (552 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@PretzelnutcakeStop saying this; "nerf the second worst character in the game" Caustic is most powerful character in Apex Legends. Even stronger than Gibby.

Message 10 of 26 (540 Views)