Caustic canisters seems to have gotten worse

by Adendon

Original Post

Caustic canisters seems to have gotten worse

★★ Guide

So I'm not really a big fan of the recent changes in Caustic's tactical. It appears that Caustic can no longer put canisters in cramped and hard to see places (for example, under a car or certain crevices on walls). This limits the ability for Caustic to strategically put down his canisters. However, there is a bigger issue with this change, the fact that the canister would disappear entirely, instead of acting like it hit an invisible wall. Sure we get the tactical charge back, but a bad placement means that you failed to put down a canister, which wastes about 3 to 4 sec (?). Mess up again, and that's another few seconds of time could've spent running or attacking. What's worse is that sometimes you don't know if the canister will vanish or not because the boundaries that determine whether the canisters should exist are invisible themselves. A perfectly reasonable location, for example behind a rock, could be considered a "no-no" because the canister would clip the rock.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature (since I couldn't find any update notes on it), but I'm going to assume it's the latter, and it needs a lot of fine tuning. Following this train of thought, I can assume the reason why this was implemented was that there was some issues with clipping, and that's fine, but instead of making the canisters disappear, the canisters should instead just hit an invisible wall and bounce back towards a place it would be deemed acceptable to place. This now just adds another thing to the list of problems that is Caustic's tactical:

1. Can no longer hide canisters in small spaces that are hard to see (limits strategy)
  2. Canisters disappear immediately if set up in an improper location (wastes time)
  3. Canisters don't activate when placed near an enemy (enemies can dance around it without the canister activating unless they directly touch it (though even that seems to have a 1.5 sec delay)
  4. Canister activation range is small (oddly small)
  5. Difficult to tell between ally and enemy canisters (maybe make the canister/gas a diff color)
  6. Canister lacks synergy (for a def character, this gas inhibits teammates a lot, blinding is okay, but slow is overkill)
  7. Canisters can be deactivated in one hit (this should not be a thing, instead make it so that canisters leak out faster when hit by a bullet, but also do more damage as a result).
Message 1 of 2 (281 Views)

Re: Caustic canisters seems to have gotten worse

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah most of the times my placed canisters dont even go off , even if the enemy is right next to it.

Message 2 of 2 (219 Views)