Re: Caustic Gas and Wattsons Fences

by Sir_Named

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Caustic Gas and Wattsons Fences

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

I’ve said it before and I will say it again Caustics Gas should NOT damage wattsons fences... they can’t breathe so it shouldn’t affect them this is annoying as hell, its fine whenever crypto does it because his EMP was made for that... caustics gas was not made to damage fences

Message 1 of 7 (1,854 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide
@FaIIenAngeI777 I can't argue with that, that's a stupid situation...

At least they should buff wattson ult to counter caustic tactical, since it's throwable too.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (1,788 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
@FaIIenAngeI777   It may has some kind of corrosive effect, since pathfinder and revenant have no lungs or octane and bloodhound wearing masks.

But it's just a guess.

Anyway, Wattson's ult blocks caustic's grenade.
Message 2 of 7 (1,835 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@DraknasChanI have more of an issue with the fact a caustic can simply throw in a gas can and shoot it to blow up all fences in front of doors and walk right in... making wattson basically useless against the

i don’t use wattson often but when I do I go all out with fences... Z’s X’s Triangles, just whatever shape gives the best defence at the location but a caustic can throw in a trap or 2 and literally destroy all of them in a second... cryptos are fine caustics are NOT

Message 3 of 7 (1,809 Views)

★ Guide
@FaIIenAngeI777 I can't argue with that, that's a stupid situation...

At least they should buff wattson ult to counter caustic tactical, since it's throwable too.
Message 4 of 7 (1,789 Views)

★★ Expert
@DraknasChan True that would work
Message 5 of 7 (1,757 Views)

★★★ Pro

Wattson's ult doesn't eat devices. Caustic Canisters are not "throwables" They are devices like Wattson's Nodes, Mirage Decoy, Heal Drone, Surveillance Drone, and Dome Shield of Protection. 

Plus, only enemy Caustic Gas will destroy Wattson's Nodes or Damage her Pylon ultimate.

Friendly Caustic Gas won't damage the nodes or her Pylon. However, a friendly Caustic shouldn't ult the floor or his ult will still get eaten. 

Besides that, Caustic is a natural counter to an Enemy Wattson. I have no issues with it especially now that Respawn finally fixed it so friendly gas doesn't destroy my fences which is what made me mad many months ago. Now I no longer get mad if friendly Caustics place their canister next to my fences.  

Message 6 of 7 (1,717 Views)

★★ Expert
@Leo_the_Lion25 Well, it could’ve been a balancing mechanic to prevent too many traps in one place.
I mean, it would be kind of annoying to be gatekeeped in a choke point by a Wattson and a caustic
Message 7 of 7 (1,699 Views)