Caustic - Gas Trap - Tactical Gameplay Improvements/Suggestion

by JoJo_DeBlahhh

Original Post

Caustic - Gas Trap - Tactical Gameplay Improvements/Suggestion

★ Guide

I just thought of something really cool, that could drastically improve Caustic's gameplay with Gas Traps - let me know what you guys think?

(Inspired by a suggestion made from another post - I felt it worthy of it's own post)

PROBLEM:

Currently enemies can just shoot the Gas Trap and it ignites & sprays in the same 360 degree pattern as if it was triggered by an enemy running closeby.

SUGGESTION:

- What I suggest is, if a bullet hits the Gas Trap, then it only releases gas in 1 direction (the direction of where the bullet came from) & separated into 4 quadrants of 90 degrees (to limit the coding of 20 quadrants of 36 degrees, per Gas Trap laid on the map), as this would be like spamming 6 of Bangalore's smokes in rapid succession (CPU intensive).

- Also make it so that if a bullet pierces the Gas Trap, the release of the pressurised Gas exits a smaller area (only 1/4 of the total 360 degree ares it would otherwise spread if someone ran by a Gas Trap), resulting in the Gas of that 1 quadrant travelling 3 times further (similarly to how a flamethrower works, in distance, so picture a flamethrower's distance of Gas, coming out of the Gas Trap, if a bullet triggers 1 of the 4 Quadrants around the Gas Traps' 360 degree field).

HOW THE ABOVE SUGGESTION WILL IMPROVE [Caustic - Gas Trap] GAMEPLAY:

1.) Discourage players from shooting Gas Traps, for fear of the Gas spraying & reaching all the way to where they are, if they are close ONLY (30-50 metres total?)

2.) If fighting out in the open, you can lay a Gas Trap right next to you & then 'play the Gas Trap/hide behind it while strafing, so as to force the enemy to shoot it, or while they're trying to shoot you, a stray bullet might trigger the gastrap & shoot Gas in their direction, reaching them.

I could see Caustic's Gas Trap gameplay drastically improve in open areas of the map, which is currently where he lacks the most tactical options (apart from his Ulti which, let's face it, is most useful in confined spaces).

What do you guys think?

Message 1 of 1 (181 Views)