Re: Buffs for Crypto

by FaIIenAngeI777

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Buffs for Crypto

★ Guide

I believe Crypto needs some SMALL changes for making him more dynamic and good in gameplay. I'm not saying he is useless, but in the current state of the game and in the official stadistics of Apex legends pick rate and kill rate, Crypto is one of the weakest and less played, which is sad.

And the core problem with him is that his entire kit depends and functions around the dron. Which in itself, it isn't so great.

First and very important, he doesn't have a real passive ability. And I know what are you thinking, BUT when Bloodhound activates his tactical, his teammates can also see all the things that he detects and he doesn't have that as his passive. So? WTF? 

Every legend needs a passive ability independent of the tactical and the ultimate. Of course it has to been something related to the rest of the abilities, but at least individual and special like: Lifeline, Gibraltar, Horizon, Bangalore, Revenant, Loba, Bloodhound, Mirage, Rampart and Wraith.

All the drone stadistics are pretty bad:

- The detection range is too small, what creates the problem of the drone having to approach to the enemy and let them know where is, and destroy it.

- The cooldown is too long.

- The movement speed when you are moving the drone to the sides is low and it feels terrible.

- You can't go through the spaces between the bars of windows, which is dumb because the drone is very small and it doesn't make sense.

Ultimate:

- Crypto takes damage when he is in range.

- The charge time (180 seconds) is too long for an ultimate that it isn't so powerful. Example of ultimate similar in power: (Caustic grenade = 120 seconds) 

- The teammates are slowed when they are in range.

BUFFS

- I don't know what passive could be given to Crypto. If you have an original and good idea, please let me know in the comments.

- Reduce the drone cooldown, from 40 to 30.

- Reduce the time to recall the drone, from 3 to 0, (instantly).

- Increase the detection range from 30 to 45.

- Improove the control movement of the drone in any directions.

- Make the drone be able to go through windows.

- Make that the ultimate can't affect your teammates, and Crypto is only slowed, not damaged.

- Reduce the ultimate charge time, from 180 to 150.

I don't think all this changes make Crypto OP, I know there are a lot of buffs, but these are just TINY improvements whick makes the legend definitely a bit better

Message 1 of 19 (2,353 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice
@Cocodriloiloilo I personally believe if he was given the ability to have a UAV (where you can see enemies on the minimap) for a passive would make playing him more fun as a recon. Also he labeled the surveillance expert, so imo it makes sense.

View in thread

Message 6 of 19 (2,190 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

oi fam im that guy we just won a duo together with add my discord xShiu#2653

Message 2 of 19 (2,327 Views)

Betreff: Buffs for Crypto

★★★★★ Guide
I find your ideas on crypto interesting. I also often thought about how to improve in. Here are my ideas:

My first idea was that Crypto would no longer use the drone to trigger his EMP, but instead use an EMP grenade would make him more mobile and if his drone is broken he can at least defend himself a little more than waiting until his drone is ready for use again.

2. Enhance the EMP so that the opponent stun effect lasts longer and, in addition, opponents who have been hit should not be able to use their tactics and ultimate for a short time. The strength of Cryptos is to break people who have holed up, but it does not help if Caustic, Wattson or Rampart put their stuff right after EMP.

3. New passive ability I thought about the Crypto from opponents death boxes finds a new item that he can activate and thereby the entire opponents are displayed on the map for 10 seconds.

And the most important thing about crypto, which must be buffed, he and his team should not be affected by the EMP
Message 3 of 19 (2,312 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@CocodriloiloiloI like playing crypto sometimes and imo he dosn’t need a buff, my only complaint is the 200m range limit because sometimes you have to keep exiting out of the drone and moving forward to get to somewhere just out of reach

Message 4 of 19 (2,304 Views)

★★ Guide
@FaIIenAngeI777 the 200 limit for banner was dumb too... it should show number of squad of the banner regardless how far crypto was.
Message 5 of 19 (2,270 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Cocodriloiloilo I personally believe if he was given the ability to have a UAV (where you can see enemies on the minimap) for a passive would make playing him more fun as a recon. Also he labeled the surveillance expert, so imo it makes sense.
Message 6 of 19 (2,191 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Cocodriloiloilo agreed a crypto buff would definitely help shift the meta away from the defensive legend meta a bit more
Message 7 of 19 (2,175 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, for me it's simple, just make the drone able with left click to follow with view only the enemy spot wile not controling it so you can still fight with your team. 

Personnaly I thing base is gameply on is drone is ok. You need to suffered whan you miss place your drone so it's still outplayable. BUT, if you are obligate to stay on your drone to follow the ennemy and you left your team on a 2v3 this is for me the big problem. The thing is that Apex is a game were player move so it's impossible to just let the drone without your contrôle if you whant info in fight. The idea is not to create a bloodhound 2.0 with is Q but keep the main idea of crypto. Add this option with maybay more range on detection for the drone and it's for me a good buff. Enemy will still know that they are spot so they can focus your drone and destroy it so you bassicly have no passif , no ability and no ultimate for some time ( because the drone isn't moving if you left im in place). But for me it's the only way to not let your team in 2v3 and be able to do some play AROUND YOUR DRONE and not just give info so that allies can.

Message 8 of 19 (2,093 Views)

★ Novice

He needs to be able to send his drone to scout ahead with a ping so hes not constantly out of the fight. He also needs the ability to throw an emp grenade instead of just his drone one. Keep the self stun effect but lose the shield loss it makes him have to be to far back to join the fight afterwards. Passive could be "paranoid" legend is always on edge and will receive a screen prompt when being targeted or trapped. It would help him when he does have to use the drone as he could still know if someone was near his body.

Message 9 of 19 (2,032 Views)

★★★ Novice

How would you know if you are safe or not? That's the point of the 200 m. It's not just how far the drone can fly but how close an enemy is.

Message 10 of 19 (1,992 Views)