Re: Buff Octane: Suggestions from an Octane Main

by Monhulio

Original Post

Buff Octane: Suggestions from an Octane Main

★★ Apprentice

So I started to main Octane at the end of S3, and there are some major things that need reworked. 

Passive ability

So Octane's passive ability is way too slow, compared to some of the other passives in the game, Octane's just downright needs a major buff. The healing over time is good, it just needs to be faster so he actually has a chance to get back up. I get that this is kind of tricky, but even a little bit faster on the passive healing would make a huge difference. 

Tactical ability

Okay so Octane is literally the legend who can run fast. Okay. So why is the "fastest" character in the game still overshadowed by Pathfinder? Octane's tactical needs a buff, something like 40% or maybe even higher. The speedy boi needs to actually have something that makes him the fastest character in the game, even if that's only along the ground. Getting to places faster is the name of the game for his tactical, so improving it is sorely needed.

Ultimate

I saw someone say this earlier, but giving octane like two jump pads would be fantastic. Again, completely overshadowed by pathfinder here. The jump pads are worse than the zipline, so why not make them slightly better by just having the option to use more of them at once?

I know this sounds like I am asking for a lot, but he hasn't seen much of a rework since he was introduced in S1. There are plenty of other legends that need work too. Octane makes this game way more fun, it just sucks that he is a nerfed version of another character right now.

Message 1 of 6 (458 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I totally agree with everything you said and BTW its me who gave the idea of octane having two jumpads at once.They also should fix octane's broken hitbox.

please ea read this and give octane a buff.

Message 2 of 6 (406 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@GalacticxWarriorNot to overshadow you or your post, but tell me what you think of these changes, as it would also fix jump pad issues. Please also comment any changes you recommend.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Legends-Feedback/Recommended-Octane-Changes/m-p/8889053#M6941

Message 3 of 6 (383 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Let’s get this speed demon some luv!

Firstly and agreeably; please listen and fix his wonky hit box, even it is all you do for him right now. (That goes for all Legends yet to have a clean up pass, lookin at you Revenant)

Secondly, I second the stim boost as well. The speed demon feels to slow. Would love to see it pushed to 35 or even 40 percent increase.   As a balance, he could be only bumped to 35 percent, but work on the acceleration physics.  By that I mean directional changes and coming in and out of ADS.  I understand having a active boost while ADSing would be an unfair advantage, but maybe he can ADS faster when stimed to give it that twitchy feel, and if possible he can accelerate faster to top speed when coming out of ADS.

Lastly I agree with the others that he should have better height and directional control with his Ultimate.  Maybe as a trade off the rest of the squad stays the same but as the Daredevil of Apex, he should be well aquatinted with his equipment and how to get the most from it, from a lore standpoint. And since it is an environmental change (not active damage) shorten the cool-down a few seconds more would be nice. 

I’m fine with his passive though, hide long enough and you never need to carry med kits, more to keep your squaddies alive. Thanks in advance, I’d really like to log for time with Octane.

Message 4 of 6 (364 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Monhulio  I love these ideas! The passive I agree with you there, kind of keeping it where it is but not taking damage from it would be really awesome. And for the tactical I mostly agree with you there too. I think that the ramp up would be super awesome, maybe not the base speed increase, but if it went from like 30-35-40% speed increase that would be incredible. As far as the ultimate goes, I definitely think the jump pad needs some work so I could see your solution working very well too. Its creative and would add a completely new dynamic to jump pads and the game. 

Message 5 of 6 (357 Views)

★★★ Guide
@GalacticxWarrior Didn't mean to use the word base. Mean't to say he just always runs 10% faster than other. Technically speaking since hes the "fastest" he should always start off at least slighty faster than others, even if its just 5% faster.
Message 6 of 6 (337 Views)