Re: Bring Caustics old gas back!

by moder913

Original Post

Bring Caustics old gas back!

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I don't care about 2 extra damage, I don't want them to see what's going on when I throw my ultimate inside a building. It's so pointless, I would understand if you made the damage maybe 5 extra damage but noo. Now enemy's can see through it, that was the point of having a bloodhound or a crypto on your team. That's like giving Bangalore  smoke a wider range but they can see through it. If they don't change it back I won't be able to play caustic anymore and that's my number one main to use but now I might have to use my second main (loba). Thanks apex/respawn I was really looking forward to this season but you guys just made things worse for all the caustic players out there. 

Message 1 of 7 (343 Views)

★★ Pro
@DreNH17 no dont thx
Message 2 of 7 (336 Views)

★★ Novice

2 extra damage can do a lot. Caustic now has threat vision and Caustic gas looks like Bangalore smoke to anyone inside it. Plus, enemies are still slowed when taking damage. It gives the enemy a fighting chance while also making them want to avoid it anyway. Taking 6 to 12 damage and being slowed and being shot at makes Caustic gas more dangerous and with buffed damage to Wattson's fences, that makes the two an even stronger. I don't see an issue here

Message 3 of 7 (322 Views)

See? Caustic is still an annoyance. Lost two matches on second place in a row because of an enemy caustic. ^^

Message 4 of 7 (315 Views)

★ Novice

I agree the Caustic change isn't good. The way the Caustic changes play now undermines the primary point of his abilities. Gas is supposed to mess up your eyes, like being in a gas chamber. It was a differentiator for the class. AOE damage is a side note to the primary use of the gas. Now gas is less useful for zone control and keeping from being pushed. The damage isn't enough of a deterrent, it's a no brainer to ignore the gas and push past it when vision isn't impacted. One of the most solid and unique legends has been gutted. 

Message 5 of 7 (284 Views)

★★ Guide
@BloodshotGamer0 A lot of players are different and I thinks it sucks because I always use my gas to escape from enemies but now that they can see through it it doesn't really matter.
Message 6 of 7 (279 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@BloodshotGamer0 I played Caustic in season 7 for a while and I can say that all other legends ignore his gas even if Caustic shoot them on it so its kinda sucks
Message 7 of 7 (248 Views)