Re: Bring Back Mirage's Old Ultimate

by dadmirage

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bring Back Mirage's Old Ultimate

★★★★ Novice

Thought I LOVE the new changes to mirage, I feel like the ultimate change was unnecessary. The ult just feels like his tactical but even more worthless, because, the ult is pretty useless in tight spaces (which is most places). It has no advantage in battle, nor in leaving a battle. Sure it may confuse the enemy for a while, but if the enemy saw you use the ultimate, they can tell in which direction (or decoy) you are. I suggest bringing back the old ultimate (because in my opinion it's the true bamboozle) and buff it so that the decoys that deploy after activation will actually run in a straight line. Make sure that the decoys actually make footstep sounds so the enemy can't track the invisible Mirage easily.

I hope EA listens and though I may be the only one asking for this, I feel like this is the best option

Message 1 of 17 (3,683 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

What about this:

When Mirage uses his Ult' he goes invisible but the decoys still copy the movement.  If you want to use your gun then you can end the cloaking effect (maybe with a sound so enemies get alarmed to balance things out) but the decoys are still there copying your movements..?

View in thread

Message 4 of 17 (3,608 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice
@TBM_Gameplays I say combine them into one ult. Make the real mirage go invisible while the other decoys copy him. Now they cant know where he went but they all look similar enough to be shot at. The invisible had it's own use but the new ult has another. Also making his passive include getting revived and using a phoenix kit it would make his passive more about being help to a team than just helping a downed team.
Message 2 of 17 (3,650 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@TBM_Gameplays New ult is worthless you shoot at the mirage that the muzzle flash is coming out of simple.
Message 3 of 17 (3,625 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What about this:

When Mirage uses his Ult' he goes invisible but the decoys still copy the movement.  If you want to use your gun then you can end the cloaking effect (maybe with a sound so enemies get alarmed to balance things out) but the decoys are still there copying your movements..?

Message 4 of 17 (3,609 Views)

@TBM_Gameplays His new ultimate is good for up close combat and revives. His old one was better for quick escapes and quick repositioning on enemies. It's easy to track the new one if you watch him use it since he doesn't go invisible for more than a second
Message 5 of 17 (3,585 Views)

★★ Expert
@TBM_Gameplays His new ult is fantastic in close range. If your enemies aren't paying 100% attention to you when you ult, then they'll have 0 clue who is the real mirage.
At least when shooting, you have a chance to still bamboozle people, especially if your decoys are spread out. In the old ult, you would have to end the invisibility to shoot, and then you are basically a regular person.

Plus, Mirage did get that revive and respawn buff, where he turns invisible. It's really fun to use.
Message 6 of 17 (3,532 Views)

★ Novice
I completely agree with your opinion.
Message 7 of 17 (3,455 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I doubt they’ll bring back the old ultimate, especially with these new mirage mains saying it’s op. We could hope that they’ll buff the invisibility time on this new ultimate tho, to provide for better reposition I guess.

Message 8 of 17 (3,394 Views)

★★ Apprentice

totally agree. The new ult is not bad but usefull in much less situations.

Add some seconds invisible would be perfect

Message 9 of 17 (3,329 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I miss Mirage old ultimate too he use to be my main but with his new ultimate I can't use him anymore I have tried so many techniques but you still get spotted his old ultimate of him turning invisible was what made him stand out because nobody knew where you went I wish they'd bring it back 

Message 10 of 17 (3,217 Views)