Bloodhound ult forced FOV change

by iLikeCookiesQ

Original Post

Bloodhound ult forced FOV change

★★★ Newbie

Using bloodhound's ultimate forces your FOV to something very large. The mouse sensitivity isn't changed to match the new FOV. The result is that the sensitivity will feel very low in that new FOV, and aiming using your old muscle memory goes completely out of the window.

Pls give us a setting to disable the forced FOV change, or tune the sensitivity to match the changed FOV such that the same screen space is moved per mouse movement at some point on the screen. (Some games use 75% of screen space, some games use something else, but at least let us aim)

I do understand that the point of bloodhound's ult is that he has increased situational awareness, but not being able to aim is a much larger detriment than the larger view is a boon. Pls give us this option to opt out of the FOV change.

Message 1 of 7 (5,710 Views)

Re: Bloodhound ult forced FOV change

★ Novice

Totally agree, I love Bloodhound as a character but had to stop playing him because of how much his ultimate messes with my aim. 

Message 2 of 7 (5,572 Views)

★★ Guide

Oh yes, for the same reason, whenever i play Bloodhound, i feel that the ultimate is something that does more harm than good upon using it. MY FPS drops quite a bit, sensitivity doesn't remain the same related to the new FOV, it's totally counterproductive. Please do something about it, maybe remove the fov change completely and to counter-balance it, make Bloodhound able to hear footsteps from further away than normally, maybe some new sounds that don't travel that good over distance.

Message 3 of 7 (4,836 Views)

★ Guide

I must be the only person that has no problem with bloodhound's ult? The fps drop is something else entirely so that's irrelevant as it just needs to be fixed, but I don't find it harder to aim with him at all and I like the FOV increase.

Message 4 of 7 (4,785 Views)

★★★ Guide

Is it still affected when you already have FOV set to max? I always set FOV to max in every game just to get that extra visual advantage. I rarely play Bloodhound but his ultimate did feel a bit weird to me.

Message 5 of 7 (4,715 Views)

★ Apprentice

I actually dislike the Grey colour mode because suddenly you dont know what colors your enviorment has. 

Leads into you cant take bemefit of sneaking and use the enviorment to you advantage. 

The red color from enemies would simply be enough as an ulti. 

Message 6 of 7 (4,594 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Yes it is Frown
Message 7 of 7 (4,365 Views)