Bloodhound needs another buff or ultimate redo

by naturehunter474

Original Post

Bloodhound needs another buff or ultimate redo

★★ Apprentice

I’ve been playing ranked and Bloodhound just doesn’t fit. You don’t see a whole lot of bloodhounds and I think that is partly because he gives himself away with his abilities. The scan is useful but it just give his general direction away completely. His ultimate is super loud and can be heard for a distance. I get that they can’t completely rework his abilities partly because of how the skins are built but he needs a buff/new ability. His ultimate just isn’t that useful. I personally believe that his tactical is better than his alt. His tactical does the same if not better at tracking players through gas and smoke. He just needs a buff. He is a technological tracker but yet I feel like once he has tracked a team and engages in a fight, he just completely lacks a strong ultimate to help him win. I like to play ranked a lot but bloodhound is by far one of the least useful characters for it. He just lacks a strong ultimate to help him compensate for giving away his teams location. 

Message 1 of 5 (392 Views)

Re: Bloodhound needs another buff or ultimate redo

★★ Apprentice

The more I think about it the more ideas I get. Beast of the hunt has some great quirks like speed and seeing tracks but what if he could also deploy a stationary shield. In the trials he talks about the wise warrior shield which got me thinking about how they could actually use it. Bloodhound has some decent tracking and hunting skills but he is lacking something. His people were somewhat like Vikings and had shields. I know he is a tracker but he is “Technological Tracker” and I would like to see the more technology side of him. The shield wouldn’t have to be too strong but something like a barrier that has hit points. Often times his beast of the hunt just gives him a speed advantage along with digital threat type skill. My other idea is redoing the ultimate and making it so he does another pulse but it snares enemies/slows them down and give the whole team visuals for 10

seconds. This way bloodhound can track enemies without the full bulk charge. Crypto tracks players better than bloodhound since his drone can scan for a long time and then damage players. Bloodhound on the other hand has a 5 second scan that also shows his general location and an ultimate that allows players to hear him coming. All I’m saying is bloodhounds ultimate does not fit the hunter theme that EA has designed. 

Message 2 of 5 (368 Views)

★★ Expert
@naturehunter474 Well it does fit the theme.

Bloodhound could stand to be buffed a little, but a stationary shield is completely different to all of his other abilities, and wouldn’t fit at all.

The ult is quite useful.
Message 3 of 5 (317 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I think your right but as it stands he needs a buff or some sort. Playing in ranked as him just isn’t a good idea since basically gives his location away at the gain of 5 seconds of seeing others. 

Message 4 of 5 (291 Views)

★★ Expert
@naturehunter474 Yeah it’s more of an mid-fight ult, as it gives you a lot of benefits, and during the fight, enemies will probably be aware of you anyway.
Message 5 of 5 (270 Views)