Re: Bloodhound can't compete with crypto

by Weeksaws

Original Post

Bloodhound can't compete with crypto

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Sorry it became a little long.

Crypto is a really good tracker. Firstly I thought he is a long range man but now I learn how to use him in close gunfights. Just put the drone in right place before engaging he will scan all the time.if you play him well he is better than bloodhound ,even in close range.

People may have some problems with crypto but no one can deny that he is better tracker than bloodhound. Crypto is more profitable for his squad, and leaves us with a question that what are they useful for.

Bloodhound needs a buff. I am giving you some of my suggestions. If you don't like them ,no problem use something from your own mind but one thing is for sure that he really needs a buff.

So let's start the main thing.

Ultimate:-

1) when his ultimate is on ,whoever he see can be seen by his teammates.

2) when he ping enemies track he could see whole further path ahead of that point in red footsteps.

3) he gets 5% less damage . It isn't that important. Will not help him too much , just for a confidence boost . Thought of how can he hunt well if he is too afraid of get hunted himself.

Everything written above are for only when ultimate is on .

Tactical:-

1)instead of one scan what about three scans.i mean when he use tactical he should scan three times with a interval of 3-4 sec. In this way it basically like a radar.

Gamers may get annoyed if they don't get any chance to counter this, so I got this. First scan will be like a normal scan and scan everyone nearby but If you want to escape from 2nd and 3rd scan you just have to stand at one place when scan passes through.if you wish you can put timer on scanned enemies when next scan is coming.

2)Now its a new thing,scan grenade.  bloodhound has a grenade which when blasts scan the area around it. It will give him some range. Give this one place in that ordnance/grenade wheel. And yeah with a cooldown.

Don't worry it will not take place of crypto as it scans for only 1.5 sec. basically it's work is to say the no. of enemies.

Passive:-

This one is small one but still I think it will help. When I ping enemies track It should be shown to teammates in same way as bloodhound see it( with its original symbol and timer) not by that ' somebody been here' ping.many times I pinged red track but teammates didn't understand whether I pinged fresh track or old one or I pinged normal ' somebody been here' pin.thus, they don't take it seriously.

I think None of the above OP him ( maybe that 5% thing does).

Let me know if you find it useful.

Message 1 of 22 (4,089 Views)

Community Manager

@lokesher 

Multiple pulsating scans and the grenades could definitely give Bloodhound some more appeal. I still love to play Bloodhound from time to time and share similar thoughts as you do. Would love to see more feedback from the community on how they feel Bloodhound fits in squad makeups for this new season & map. 

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 22 (4,021 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@lokesher I very rarely play as bloodhound and even I believe he now deserves a buff. His passive and ultimate are great, but his tactical compared to crypto’s is pretty useless. I do like the grenade scan you suggested. I think this should be the only change. As Blueberry suggested, maybe the grenade could pulsate every 3 seconds for 9 seconds or so.
Message 3 of 22 (4,006 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for reading this.

I want to add two more things that comes to my mind last night:-

1) if you apply all the things that I wrote then you will see that he became very dependant on his ultimate. that's why I need a cooldown reduction on ultimate.(if you are thinking of increasing no. of pulse scans to 4 or 5 then that gives more power to tactical and a different situation.then I don't want cooldown reduction of ultimate)

2) scan gives a rough idea to enemies that in which direction you could be.so, at some situations gamers may want to stop pulse scans in middle. For ex- suppose I am running from a fight and for some reason my tactical is on.i know enemies gonna find me in every place, in every building nearby. Then if they see scans coming a direction they will know where they have to search and lefts me dead.

I purpose for a button that will stop pulse scan instantly.

Again thanks for your response.

Message 4 of 22 (3,985 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

A suggestion on Bloodhound’s Tactical, in light of Crypto. 

Eye  of the Allfather should become a full 360 degree pulse, instead of the current 120 degree forward facing arc. 

Eye of the Allfather lasts for 1.5 seconds. This should remain the same, but there should be three pulses. One  upon activation, one at three seconds, and one at six.

So a scan for 1.5 seconds, a break for 1.5, a scan, a break, and a final scan. His Tactical would now last 7.5 seconds. 

The visual and audio cue would remain the same, but would be a full circle scan instead of a directional arc.

This would provide great surveillance to Bloodhound and his team, but also a fair sense of his position to savvy opponents, thereby mitigating such a tweak from being OP. 

I agree that Bloodhound needs some sort of adjustment now, in light of what Crypto is bringing to the fight. 

Perhaps there’s an argument for five pulses, instead of three. 

Message 5 of 22 (3,974 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@DarthVaapar Spot on. I couldn’t have said it better.
Message 6 of 22 (3,943 Views)

★★★ Pro

Bloodhound is the only legend that can see through smoke and gas. He counters Bangalore and Caustic somewhat.

Crypto's Drone cannot see through smoke or gases. 

This means Bloodhound has something that Crypto simply cannot even do. I however think Bloodhound needs a rework. 

Message 7 of 22 (3,914 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

As a bloodhound main, this thread is a beauty to my eyes.

A scan grenade would be great, and pulsations even better. 

'and the 5% damage would be amazing, since his ult can be heard in a 100m radius and heavy breathing often gives away his position, making him more vulnerable. I find myself using his ult in order to get away from situations or be more passive when activating my ult, and I feel thats simply not how he should be played, and thats what crypto is for.  He should be able to at least run into battle and actually feel like a hunter, rather than the hunted.

Ask anybody, and they'll tell you hes underpowered, especially in season 3.

His speed increase is 30% during his ULT, which is the same as octane's tactical. --I find this somewhat fair

His tactical has enemies disappear after a short period of time, far worse than cryptos drone. - Fair, but a way to give bloodhound a fighting chance and balance this would be pulsations and or the grenade.

Thank you!

A concerned bloodhound main.

Message 8 of 22 (3,801 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry Yes!! please us bloodhound mains are struggling out here.
Message 9 of 22 (3,799 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@lokesher I can see why this comparison was made since both characters are good trackers but I disagree. Before Crypto was introduced I would agree that Bloodhound needed some small tweaks and I feel the same way now. I don't see any issue with competing with Crypto though.

Bloodhound's Ult should make him/her a better fighter and his/her team never has to stop moving while he/she tracks targets.

Crypto is an incredibly effective scout while his drone is out but the team has to slow down for him to work with them. Also when his drone is shot down he just becomes a man with a gun. Quite underwhelming.

People have already suggested allowing Bloodhound's pings to give teammates more accurate information which is all he/she really needs. Maybe shorten the ultimate's cooldown so it can be used more frequently in fights.

Message 10 of 22 (3,711 Views)