Re: Bloodhound Rework Suggestion

by showbobandvagane

Original Post

Bloodhound Rework Suggestion

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I don't main Bloodhound and only find myself using him for challenges. 

I believe he needs a rework just so people don't think Crypto is the better Legend.

Here's my suggestion:

Make his current Ultimate his Tactical and his current Tactical his Ultimate.

Why?

This is what he needs lol

If his ultimate was his Tactical that lasted for 20 seconds and went on a 60 second cooldown. He would be able to move faster, see through smoke screens and gases for 20 seconds and track people down much faster. 

If you made his current scanning ability his Ultimate. It should be buffed. What it should do is automatically detect and see people through walls and objects for 30 seconds with a continuous scan. It will only end when the duration ends or you knock/kill Bloodhound. This ability is 180 seconds cooldown and the automatic scanning 35 seconds. You will be able to see exactly what the enemy or enemies are doing as long as you are within 30 meters of them. 

If Bloodhound worked like this. I would use him more often and be more aggressive. I would also be more aggressive against Bangalores who smoke a lot. 

Message 1 of 6 (624 Views)

★ Pro

If  Beast of the Hunt were available every 30 seconds, and Eye if the Allfather was continuous for 30 seconds, then Bloodhound would instantly become the best Legend by far. 

The number 1 pitfall with online hero games is power creep. They went right up to that line with Crypto without crossing it, but us now talking about Bloodhound buffs is  sign of this. 

Such changes to Bloodhound would break the power balance, and result in a domino effect of major buffs and nerfs for all Legends. They did a great job overall in keeping the Legends fairly comparable and balanced at launch, while also making them very different and unique.

The interesting part is how will they keep bringing in new Legends without them being OP and still having unique ability sets. 

Message 2 of 6 (604 Views)

★★★ Pro

The duration could be changed, but I think his current tactical and ultimate should be switched around. 

Message 3 of 6 (597 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Bloodhound is currently my favorite but I think it could make less noise. 

The ultimate makes way too much noise. Other then putting the noise down you could make him do more damage in the shots. Because like this the ultimate doesn't give any advantage. Honestly I only use it to run faster not to engage in a fight.

Please put bloodhound more silent

Message 4 of 6 (524 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I main Bloodhound and have been since season 1,

and I love using him, but right now, He needs to get some type of buff regarding the duration of his abilities, or at least the range of his tactical or the duration enemies stay highlighted, Leo's suggestion is great, however, it could be a bit  overpowered, maybe find some middle ground there. I think his speed should at least be buffed seeing that bloodhounds 30% increase in speed during his ultimate is equal to octanes 30% during his tactical. Also, seeing that crypto is a similar character to bloodhound, they need to make bloodhound at least able to compete and stay on par with his ability to stun, and continuously scan enemies. Please Devs, as a day one bloodhound, I dont want to see my main being drowned out of competition due to another character's ability to accomplish the same goal. 

Thank you

A concerned bloodhound main. 

Message 5 of 6 (483 Views)

★ Apprentice

in my opinion, bloodhound is more or less weakest legend now. ultimate is kinda ok tho. tactical is garbage, its range is so low, also it should scan everyone 360° but i find it inconsistent to even scan enemies in front of me. there is almost no reason to pick bloodhound over crypto.

Message 6 of 6 (367 Views)