Big Hit Box Character Concept

by TsBlueprint

Original Post

Big Hit Box Character Concept

★★★ Newbie

I heard Apex doesn't plan on making any new big hit box characters for a while. I feel I have a wonderful character concept for a big hit box healer. I can say some of the storyline here, but for the rest I rather not add too many spoilers to a character I am hoping Apex will consider. I have also a large portion of his story figured out before he joined Apex and some of it during Apex.

Name: Darrel Thomas

Alibi: DT36

Summarized story (avoiding too many spoiling details):      Darrell Thomas was a tall and strong man in his home town (unstated). Unfortunately people of that stature were stereotyped as heartless, rude and aggressive by nature and some people even push individuals of that tall and strong stature to follow that motive. Darrell wanted to beat the stereotype. Leave the crowd of that mindset and be a hero. Be known for being better tham that, but he had no easy way to do it. He had one skill. Being at peace with lose. And got an big opportunity to do so.

The company that made Lifeline's drone wanted to conduct human tests to make a regenerative super soldier. Any successful test subject would be granted a very handsome some of money and Darrell wanted to use that money to help bring his home town out of poverty. In exchange he would be losing his home. His life. Using the one skill he had to give where it wasn't deserved.

He got this opportunity like many other tall and muscular people because his body was deemed more capable to handle the deadly stress and despite the fear he accepted.

Human trials began with variations of a chemical formula with X and a number. Darrell's chemical number was 36. Making him test subject 36. In his testing trials Darrell would have an internal piping rig lined up on his bone structure not only reinforcing it, but also making it to where and even flow of the healing solution would be distributed throughout the body. The test was painful to endure, but the end result was successful... but not in the way Darrell expect as if was only phase one.

Phase two was the the biggest concern for the company. Testing the X chemicals. Without knowing the results they wouldn't be able to find out how they could adjust the healing serum to stabilize the body enough to achieve their set goal for the super human project.

Darrell was now sweating heavily after drinking his solution. He was one of the lucky ones. Worst procedure he heard rumors off was an exoskeleton forcing needles of the other chemicals into the body for easier distribution. And he would soon find out that he was even luckier. 

The results for his chemical was showing minimal negative effects to his health in moderate trials. It was almost as easy as adjusting to exercise. The ability enhancing solution would cause a damaging effect that was countered at the same pace as the healing solution... but this was during moderate trials.

Trials because more rapid and dosage dense. More and less concentrated does were rested on Darrell. Half of the time he would have to drink the solution constantly to see how long he could healthily survive the strain before the the healing solution started declining it's positive results.

After a while Darrell began to feel better, but easily noticed what was wrong. The superhuman abilities wouldn't work anymore. The chemical had somehow declined in effectiveness. And the only thing to assume was the specific healing solution Darrell had in his body gave Darrell's body immunity to the drug as a result to constant exposure. 

Darrell, now made a failed experiment, gained no money for his home town and no way home. He considered himself at least lucky that they didn't kill him. They said "He was revolutionary in his own way, just not ours. He may be free to go, but some of his rigged system he will not keep". As he walked out the door a guard tauntingly said "You might need this.. super human. Ha!" and walked off after shoving Darrell's coat and Titanium chain from home against his chest.

Darrell walked out the door as he was putting on his coat and once he got about a block away something fell out of his pocket. That something... was a small vile of the X36 chemical. He searched his pocket for more and found two more. He walked away a bit faster and decided to drink it with his unrealistic hopes that would work and to his surprise his fantasy became reality. He could feel the chemical working.

He wanted to make sure he was actually feeling what he felt before. Darrel walked away a few blocks to grt out of sight of the company. He had enough of their trials, town saved or not. He discreetly pressed his thumb against a wooden street lamp post and made an indent and then know he was right. He had the strength back. He looked around and reassured himself that his improve perception was no hallucionation.

"Hey. If you're gonna vandalize make sure it's a political statement!" a voice rang out. Darrell turned around and before he explained himself the man turned Darrell back around and started rushing him away saying "The cops around here are brutally persistent. Don't wanna end up like the last few protesters here, right?"

Darrell was lead to a small prosthetics shop. "You don't look like you're from around here and if you're not careful, especially with your stature you'll be on community service for a year." With your stature was no surprise to Darrell, but at this point he kept his opinion in. He had nothing else left, but someone looking out for him. Whether they were rude or not.

The man said "You can call me Doc. I really don't prefer my really don't prefer my real name or any other nicknames, too much mix ups, too much morality."

After a while of conversation and Darrell's brutal honesty Doc shadily brought up the Apex games and suggested his internal piping could be rigged to work again in exchange for a few favors. Darrell agreed, but on one condition. He would have it also rigged to a wrist mounted solution projectile that can refill itself using the solution. The Doc thought it felt unnecessary, but with some hard work got the whole rig completed.

"I can get you more of either serum, but I need test samples" said Doc. Darrell advised him to swab the entrance tube on his back that containers of solution would be plugged into and gave him an X36 vile.

Soon Doc had organized a way to gather and even ship X36 to regions Apex games were held. 

Now that DT36 had Apex in mind he had a way not only home, not only to earn money for his home town, not only a way to build honor among other's, but also a way to prove his hopes about himself wrong. And during the Apex games would have many self-conflictions about having to do what he feels is now necessary for himself, the gentle sacrificial giant, to do.

Passive ability terms:

· All natural abilities are slightly increased. This is due to constant healing of the muscle structure, organs and bones.

· A very small amount of night vision to give increased perception.

· Runs as fast as Octane when Octane is NOT using tactical.

· Sliding speed is 1.2 times faster to help compensate for hit box.

· The healing rig starts healing immediately upon DT36's damage and goes just as fast or even a bit slower than Octane's regeneration. This also helps with hit box compensation (like how Gibraltar's arm shield compensates).

Stated:

Passive: Nature's Boost - All natural abilities are boosted as an effect of constant regeneration.

Tactical ability terms:

· Wrist mounted device that splashes a glob of BT36's healing solution onto a player.

· You hold the tactical button and your player says "Come get a heal" to alert your team mates them you release it to shoot it at your team mate to heal them or press whichever gun switching button their platform has to cancel.

· Like Lifeline's drone it can heal enemies.

· One splash provides an immediate 1.5 times the health of a syringe.

· Only three slots available at a time. Each slot takes 15 seconds to recharge.

· Is shot like Fuse's grenade launcher, but at the short distance of a normal character's grenade throw.

Stated:

Tactical: Heal Spurt - Shoot three splashes of healing that recharge within 15 seconds per splash.

Ultimate ability terms:

· Is an energizing physical enhancing compound.

· Small drinkable vile.

· Can now run through doors (run does no damage to players for balance), punches do 1.5 times the damage, but go 1.2 times slower for balance purposes.

· Can now climb 1.5 times higher than a normal character.

· Running speed is now between the speed of Octane without tactical and Octane with tactical.

· Can now one punch a rampart shield, but at the cost of not being able to punch for 5 seconds for balance purposes and pulls his gun back out slower after punching.

· No regeneration during this stage to keep balance and also that's how the story explained the chemical effect.

· No tactical recharge during ultimate duration. Tactic can be used, but not recharged.

· Provides a very mild form of damage resistance.

· Gun handling is now 0.9 times slower for balance.

· Perception increases. A small amount of additional night vision is added along with red outline (no highlight) of enemies.

· Last 20 or 30 seconds (because I am not sure which decision would be more balanced for game play).

Stated:

Ultimate: Chemical 36 - You are now superhuman. Run fast, hit hard and even perceive enemies with outlined. Tactical recharge and passive are paused. Lasts (20 or 30) seconds.

NOTE: Game developers if you are interested I have details on the rest of the storyline.

CONTACT INFO:

Email - kofibeankatakyie@gmail

Insta - happytobeadhd

Facebook - Tyrone Hardmon

Twitter - Tyrone Hardmon

Phone number - 810-432-3381

Message 1 of 1 (117 Views)