Re: Beating a dead horse... or Caustic

by RL_Mozsi

Original Post

Beating a dead horse... or Caustic

★ Apprentice

Does it matter? They'd have the same hitbox if there were horses.

I LOVE Caustic, I love playing the tactician who plans ahead, and sets a bed of nails for the enemies to lay on; but that philosophy falls short on Caustic as he stands right now.

If I go WITH my team, and we drop somewhere that isn't *, bunker, or slums; I'm probably dead within 2 minutes. 

Within those 2 minutes, I am an enormous floating target, sluggishly (from my perspective) searching for a weapon as I watch Wraiths, Lifelines, and Bangalores zipping in and out of combat. One way or another, if there's not a building without windows/too many doors, or a shotgun on drop... I'm dead.

P2020? No problem, 18 a shot isn't bad when you can literally spam the entire clip from 100m away and still land every shot on me. On top of that, and this is a player error, however an option to change would be nice, but on top of that, I'm probably walking, or crouching away because shift is a toggle, which my muscle memory disregards in the midst of combat. Particularly when I'm trying to scuttle away as a mountain with no defensives. 

So my only option remains: Hold my team hostage and MAKE them go bunker or somewhere convenient for me, or drop early. I'm going to be an inconvenience either way, and that's before I blind them with my own gas.

So, from your friendly neighbourhood meatshield with the health of a rogue, PLEASE CHANGE SOMETHING.

Message 1 of 6 (374 Views)

★★★ Pro
I agree, the biggest problem with these 'Tank' characters is the fact that they're tanks only by name, in reality a tiny Wraith has the same health and does the same melee damage as these larger than life 'Tanks', makes me wonder why Respawn even bothered with the whole class system if everyone was going to have equal stats, except some characters are punished with big hitboxes.
Message 2 of 6 (338 Views)

★ Guide

they wont fix it .. simple .    play or leave it .. no offence 

Message 3 of 6 (332 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@realy-bad-1 While i can appreciate a healthy amount of pessimism, you are going a bit overboard with yours. If they don't fix the issues that 90% of this forum keeps yelling at them for (That would be caustic fixes in case you hadn't noticed), then a lot of people will eventually give up and stop playing and more importantly to them and EA, they will stop paying for loot boxes and season passes. So, yes, I am inclined to believe Respawn, and even EA aren't stupid enough to not fix Caustic eventually (Even with EA being literally the Devil.)
Message 4 of 6 (317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

He should use gas grenades instead of traps, more usefull then traps at open areas, and "you can carry more grenades"(like lifeline carry more syringe), like ultimate with smaller area. 3 grandes in your pocket. Ulti big area...

First no effect on your mates the gas. Ofc no effect on enemy team as well, if they have caustic.

2 way to approach this question.

Large area effect small dmg...

or opposite 

Small area effect high dmg...

( I prefer first version.)

Pick one.

Traps useless like this, easy to see them, easy to take them out.

If you change them to be invisible should help the trap way,

but how would ingame invisible stuffs, like traps?

(Only viable way for traps be invisible)

Hitbox problem obvious.

Message 5 of 6 (306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Delete this mistake thx. Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (304 Views)