Original Post

Bangalores ult is very underwhelming

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Does very little damage

Easy to get away from

Doesnt keep enemies from pushing

Doesnt knock them off high ground

Threw the ult on high ground where the enemy team was. They just stood up there and took 0 damage. How useless is this ult? The most damage you'll take from it is 25. You should make it fall to the ground faster and have it be mines that explode if you get too close

Message 1 of 19 (1,306 Views)

Re: Bangalores ult is very underwhelming

★★★ Guide
@Tperodactyl I think it should explode a little quicker tbh.
Message 2 of 19 (1,289 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I think the speed is nice the way it is.

I think it should create a better field of smoke after the explosions.

After the explosions, the whole field should be covered by dense smoke.

"That would be bad-azz and super useful for escaping openfield emergencies and moving in on open-field sniper-enimies."

You could have a whole-field of smoke to disappear into or out of.

Message 3 of 19 (1,258 Views)

★★★ Pro

Btw

The slow speed allows you to you to run ahead of the strike as it explode and series hit anyone crazy enough to chase you. Like her intro trailer.

Message 4 of 19 (1,252 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Not going to lie. I heal through it. I will pop a 100 shield cell or if Lifeline will use 25 shield cells right through it. I am just slowed afterwards.

If they buffed it. Enemies hit by it should take 5% more damage to be honest. I would run more often if I have a damage increased percent on my legend like that. Legends life Lifeline/Wraith/Pathfinder will end up Taking 10% more damage and Lifeline would be more afraid to try and heal through it. 

So if they buffed it, make it deal 25 damage, add 5% damage increase to whoever taken damage by it until the slow effect is removed from them. 

Message 5 of 19 (1,242 Views)

★★ Guide

My own team mates bangalore ult just got me killed. Why the f.ck does it stun me to the point where i slow down 200% and cant even see with my bloodhound ult? THIS ULT IS TRASH AND DOES MORE HARM THAN GOOD. FIX IT

Message 6 of 19 (1,170 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I mean they took away the slow and damage of caustics abilities to his teammates so why wouldnt the same be done for the other legends.

Message 7 of 19 (1,148 Views)

★★ Guide

Lol, drop my Bangalore ult at the end of the game in a very small circle around 1-2 squads. Does absolutely nothing. Can we buff this already? If I was Gibby, easily would have wiped one squad with it. Her ult is an absolute joke

Message 8 of 19 (1,100 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I hate when people use her ult for damage. It's purpose seems to be area denial and its probably the best in the game at that. If you want to use it offensively then its probably better if there's less smoke since you can shoot anyone that tries to tank those hits. I don't use her so this is a tactic taken from playing Gibraltar but what happens if you ult the entire area where you're fighting? Used that way as Gibraltar usually spells death for the other team since their choices are

#1 run away and get shot in the back or

#2 fight it out and die to the ult.

Her ult is lousy for damage but excellent at area denial so find a better way to use it.

Message 9 of 19 (1,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I think what could make her ultimate more relevant when it drops in is:

1) Make bombs explode immediately if they land within range of a player (same range as activating a caustic trap)

2) Make it so that players can destroy the bombs on the ground by shooting them for 50 dmg.

3) Change the pattern of the bombs to be staggered so that if someone wants to run through it without shooting bombs or setting them off : they have to zigzag.

This would mean that someone's options when they're ulted are :

Take the initial dmg and stay put,

Run through the bombs taking all the damage that comes your way,

Run through the bombs but shoot the ones ahead of you - costing you ammo and time

Not go into the ult in the first place.

I think this might make it more tasty but not OP.  Players have a way of ACTIVELY combating the ult, but have to actually do something which could provide a disadvantage in other ways (loss of ammo, giving away position, needing to aim at something other than enemies, or just soaking up damage if they run the most direct route out of the ult).

Then it's REALLY about area denial, and the weaker damage is a trade-off that's worth it.  Currently the trade off isn't worth the lack of damage, even when you stack up her passives etc into the equation imho.  Bang is picked in spite of her ultimate I reckon rather than it being an advantage.

Message 10 of 19 (1,080 Views)