Back after 4 months, Caustic still feels like trash

by Mad_Dog8762

Original Post

Back after 4 months, Caustic still feels like trash

★ Guide

Specifically, his traps

Ive tried him twice in a row now, and in both games, enemies walked RIGHT past the traps without triggering

I think they need their trigger radius looked at, seriously

Nothing is more frustrating than placing a Caustic trap, hoping to steer enemies a certain way, only to have the same enemies literally walk past your traps like they arent there

Expecting a Caustic to have to shoot his own traps to get anything out of them really isn't practical either, as the ENTIRE point of a "trap" is that you dont have to watch it for it to do its job. 

If I have to WATCH a caustic barrel in order to get anything out of it, im better off picking a Gibraltar who actually gets DIRECT combat benefits rather than Caustic, who at best gets MINOR damage and a short speed debuff on enemies

The "weakness" of his traps would be okay if you didn't have to just sit and babysit them

Either, significantly increase/overhaul trigger radius,  or make them MUCH smaller at least

Message 1 of 4 (352 Views)

Re: Back after 4 months, Caustic still feels like trash

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@Mad_Dog8762I think you are just placing them too far away or something, I place them right by doors but out of view so they walk right in and get gassed or I place them at the top of ziplines so they go up and get gassed, or in the caves i place near the edge of the crates but out of view and they go off 90% of the time but I have had a few here and there that don’t go off like your issue but its pretty rare

My main issue with caustic’s gas traps are that they float away lmao like if you place one and it falls it will just start flying across the screen down the hill or something and that happens so frequently...

Message 2 of 4 (321 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Mad_Dog8762 Caustic could use a complete rework at this point if they want to make him viable without over buffing him and triggering half the playerbase, would suck to lose the bunker meme but if I can use him in the current map without becoming a human piñata whenever I step outside to yell at the clouds then it'd be a trade worth making I think
Message 3 of 4 (281 Views)

★★ Guide
@Mad_Dog8762 i think caustic still is a weak
Message 4 of 4 (179 Views)