BORING Octane Heirloom

by 031567

Original Post

BORING Octane Heirloom

★ Guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iup2j0Lcl6U&t=631s

Credit goes to Gaming Merchant

I just have to say after watching this video that Octane's has the boring-est heirloom.

Now yes, many may question why I bought it then:

Well when it first released I wanted is so bad thinking that it would be similar to the other heirlooms, but after watching the video and playing my main more and more. It just made me realize that the heirloom is very basic, some-what like wraith, but Wraith has a awesome inspect + running animation. So I'll make this Quick with Octane:

Negative:

Very Basic Boring Inspect + Running

No Animation when first equipped

Basic Attacks (unlike Mirage pork-cop or eye poke)

No Real Fun Sound Effects (just a regular knife)

Only one stim animation while running

Very Few Stance Animations

Positive:

Added animation after release

Long Inspect

Fixes (Ideas)

Twirl the knife around Octane's fingers for Inspect + Running

Equip Animation Octane ejects knife from stimming himself

Using the stim side of the butter-fly knife to attack or use the knife to stim yourself

Stim Sound Effect

Twirl Butter-fly knife while stimmed sprint

Throws the knife into the air to change stance

Just a few ideas to make the heirloom worth the money

Message 1 of 3 (1,008 Views)

Re: BORING Octane Heirloom

★ Apprentice

I'd like to see his holding animation changed to an upright hold and the blade come up from the bottom of the screen, like when a person runs.

I find having his arm taking up the field of view on the right to be a disadvantage. I can't see enemy teams on that side mid run. I have to go based off me getting shot at and hearing the bullets wiz by to know I'm being targeted.

Message 2 of 3 (972 Views)

Re: BORING Octane Heirloom

★★★ Apprentice

I'm wondering if this is still being looked into. As one of the heirlooms that is literally the ultimate fidget weapon made, there's a ton of animation potential (based on existing balisong tricks available). As the character that is known for running around, it's a bit disappointing that there's no interesting animation to accommodate it, when other characters have one.

Message 3 of 3 (812 Views)