Re: BLOODHOUND POINTLESS

by MekaDeth555

Original Post

BLOODHOUND POINTLESS

★★★ Apprentice

Bloodhounds ultimate is mainly speed. Yes the black and white with enemy highlights happens to be nice, however the best part is his speed. Makes him harder to hit and more aggressive like blitzkrieg.... YET, ...

Octane just released not that long ago and he gets almost bloodhounds ULTIMATE every 3 secs (his ability is awesome, but steals anothers ULTIMATE) and he heals... thats not all, he goes on to earn a very useful jump pad. 

BLOODHOUNDs ability only lasts for about 1 sec... u get a glimpse of the enemy who has to be sooo close that your mic that can hear actual footsteps is actually WAYYY more useful and the ability doesnt show u the enemy in real time... only where they were qhen the ping hit,

-so if they are moving then they are no longer where they appear. 

** to make BLOODHOUND viable then id say make his ability track for 2 to 3 secs so he can actually see through walls as if his senses are that in tune, but actually track and follow, not just a highlighted past image...

then his ULTIMATE should heal like octane and honestly maybe a hair faster considering it is an ultimate... and maybe only heal if not taking damage.....

OR---

Just give him a reason to exist. Right now the only cool thing he has that makes him ok is the little tracking icons that give u a small heads up. Most of the time, by the time any bloodhound can see the icon markers they hear footsteps or gun fire anyways

Message 1 of 8 (926 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the feedback on Bloodhound! We have another discussion around this Legend here if you wanted to jump in there too: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Legend-Spotlight-Bloodhound/td-p/7789536/page/3

We've seen some chatter around his abilities, like the Eye of the Allfather stunning enemies within range when activated. Do you have any specific thoughts on that ability? (other than touching up on listening to footsteps being more useful)

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 8 (901 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

Thank you for the feedback on Bloodhound! We have another discussion around this Legend here if you wanted to jump in there too: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Legend-Spotlight-Bloodhound/td-p/7789536/page/3

We've seen some chatter around his abilities, like the Eye of the Allfather stunning enemies within range when activated. Do you have any specific thoughts on that ability? (other than touching up on listening to footsteps being more useful)

No stuns please god no! It made me ragequit Overflop so many times. Snares, blinds is one thing, but having control taken away from you is the most infuriating mechanic I've ever come across in gaming.

I don't understand why people enjoy fighting statues but please no.

Message 3 of 8 (887 Views)

★ Apprentice

First to mention, I have the worst stats with Boodhound. Ironicly for a tracker, all his abilities are like a reverse wallhack. His tactical is obscuring the vision and I end up shooting on the outline rather than the enemy.

Suggestion:

- Make his tactical a ping similiar to TF2. Ranged Ping that reveals enemies for 2 seconds within ?5m?. 10 Damage on hit with the ping. Max throw distance 200-150m.

- The FOV change of his Ultimate is obscuring my aim. Faster ADS, draw and reload speed in Umtimate. Lower the distance from where you can hear him breathing. 

After around 200 games (with around 250 kills) I can say: Somehow he's useless. All he's good for is alarming your team.   

Message 4 of 8 (839 Views)

I think the stun would tip off the enemies and it's a mechanical rather than strategical advantage. People's mechanics (ability to run, aim, shoot) get impaired. This is an ability that requires little skill to take advantage of. I think if you're going to boost the ability, instead make it something that unlocks new plays once the ability is mastered. For example, you could tip off on the guns the enemies are holding, so that the skilled player can better plan how to attack. This would be of great advantage to skilled players who know how to fight people with specific weapons; however, it would be useless to a newbie, who doesn't know how this works. And I think that's the way it should be. Apex should reward skill.

Message 5 of 8 (830 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Don't you dare talk about him like that, if you don't like him, you are free to play other heroes.. He is not bad, you just don't know to use it properly.. I play him a lot, ult is good, there is nothing better to spot people on a 1km and while they are fighting to snipe or come from behind while they trying to eat phoenix kit.. Tactical ability is tricky, but if you use it properly it still can be usefull (I don't mind a minor upgrade tho ).. For example, if you are in a middle of the fight you don't need to use it, you already know where they are.. If you are coming into 2 squad fight or you think someone is close then you use it, to prepare your team.. His tactical ability is situational (doesn't mean you need to use it always ) to help ya be prepared and aware of your surroundings.. There is nothing better then coming into two squad fight, popin' your Q and realize the is Caustic traps, or 3 ppl fight etc.. Not only you get aware of the situation, your team gets aware too.. Problem is, people wants his Q to be a [Removed - CM] wallhack, it's on purpose like this and not like that.. It's not made to let ya shot trough the walls or see naked girls, it's just made to give ya situational awareness before you engage into people so you don't make a fool of youself.. 

Message 6 of 8 (810 Views)

★ Guide

@LEERO00YJENKINS wrote:

Don't you dare talk about him like that, if you don't like him, you are free to play other heroes.. He is not bad, you just don't know to use it properly.. I play him a lot, ult is good, there is nothing better to spot people on a 1km and while they are fighting to snipe or come from behind while they trying to eat phoenix kit.. Tactical ability is tricky, but if you use it properly it still can be usefull (I don't mind a minor upgrade tho ).. For example, if you are in a middle of the fight you don't need to use it, you already know where they are.. If you are coming into 2 squad fight or you think someone is close then you use it, to prepare your team.. His tactical ability is situational (doesn't mean you need to use it always ) to help ya be prepared and aware of your surroundings.. There is nothing better then coming into two squad fight, popin' your Q and realize the is Caustic traps, or 3 ppl fight etc.. Not only you get aware of the situation, your team gets aware too.. Problem is, people wants his Q to be a fkn wallhack, it's on purpose like this and not like that.. It's not made to let ya shot trough the walls or see naked girls, it's just made to give ya situational awareness before you engage into people so you don't make a fool of youself.. 

I like Bloodhound. May not be my first choice but I have yet to test every Legend enough to be anyone to say with a fair opinion that any of them should never be used or are worthless. To see someone say why they feel one is useful and when seems to make more of a fair argument. This is a positive thing in my own opinion and I've always enjoyed having a Bloodhound or almost anyone on my team that were good at using their Legend whoever that might be.

Message 7 of 8 (801 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Maybe perhaps have Bloodhound's tactical have a slight slow effect on enemies that were scanned. I mean he is a tracker, could help him catch his enemies off guard. If they're in a building and they notice BH's tactical, they can hide and camp for the bloodhound to try and track their footprints while the enemy is just aiming the top of his head. The slow effect helps ensure that enemies have less reaction time to either run or hide quick enough to avoid getting the upper hand on Bloodhound. Then again, just a suggestion/opinion.

Message 8 of 8 (739 Views)