Re: Are enemies supposed to be able to see vantage's bat through walls?

by PirataLeoparda

Original Post

Are enemies supposed to be able to see vantage's bat through walls?

★★ Guide

I've been noticing that I can see an enemy vantage's bat through walls on the latest map. Was this an intended feature because it seems like an odd design choice?

Message 1 of 8 (561 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @Adendon,

That's certainly some interesting behaviour. Could you share a screenshot of what it is that you see, exactly? And is it only happening on Broken Moon, or also other maps?

EA_QueenBeeAHQ.png

Wees aardig voor elkaar | Be kind to each other
Message 2 of 8 (533 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_QueenBee I'll see if I can get a screenshot as I play. I'm not sure how consistent it is but it happens enough that I notice it.

Appearance wise, it looks like the bat's glowing eyes and a horizontal orange bar that goes through the eyes. I can also see it from a pretty far distance I'd say maybe 70m is the longest I've seen this appearance through walls.

I don't know if it happens in other maps since I've only been playing ranked BR this season.
Message 3 of 8 (518 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_QueenBee I managed to take a screenshot of the bug. If you look a little up and to the right of my crosshair (around 1 o'clock), you can see what looks like an orange horizontal line. That's the enemy vantage's bat behind the wall.

Message 4 of 8 (377 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_QueenBee sorry the first photo came out low res. I've attached a better one.

Message 5 of 8 (373 Views)

Community Manager
@Adendon Thanks for the post, but unfortunately this wasn't an easy reproduction on our end. Will keep trying though.

Can I check if you've ever noticed this on the Firing Range if you ever go in there with your friends?

Also can I check if you'd died and been resurrected at any point in that map? I ask because that can be a factor in weirdness around IFF stuff.

Thanks again.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 8 (342 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_David Hey!

Unfortunately, I don't use the firing range often so I haven't seen the issue while in there.

In regards to that particular match, I didn't get revived or resurrected before seeing that bug.
Message 7 of 8 (326 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Adendon i also saw once the enemys bat - like i see my allies through the wall.
Message 8 of 8 (294 Views)