Re: Another useless lifeline buff

by Eurlannd

Original Post

Another useless lifeline buff

★★★ Apprentice

It's rumored that lifeline well be able to revive 2 teammates at once we'll, that's useless if you have time to revive one teammate then you have probably have time to revive the other. These tweeks can be benifited from perhaps once every a 100 or 200 games.

I was a lifeline main (octane since about 2 weeks) and few days ago I stopped playing at all because of sbmm

Here's a thought, if you want to buff lifeline just remove the low profile crap and then DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE

Message 1 of 18 (517 Views)

★ Guide

the point isnt that you can revive 2 teammates at once

the point is that you can revive a teammate AND SHOOT AT THE SAME TIME

that is so friggin huge it amazes me that someone could see that and think it's trash

not to mention the applications of popping an auto rez out the field and using the revive shield from the drone as temporary cover while downing the enemy

Message 2 of 18 (506 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Eurlannd If it comes out to be like that then yeah you're right it will be great
Message 3 of 18 (497 Views)

★★ Guide
@spongebob1888 Did you not watch the video?
Message 4 of 18 (481 Views)

★★ Expert
@spongebob1888 It’s not really an if.
The buff should look like what we saw in the trailer, so it isn’t really an if.
Besides, reviving two teammates at once can be good in some scenarios. There isn’t really any downside to it either.
Message 5 of 18 (455 Views)

★★ Pro

This will be pretty stupid and completely brokenly OP. Reviving with shield and moving and shooting at the same time, and reviving both teammates, wtf?

Lifeline is still strong, and she is still heavily picked in ranked, and she is the 3rd most picked legend in game. She was insanely strong for like 3 season, and in the last 2 seasons she is perfectly fine.

She got a shield on revive, she got extra loot from some containers, she is extremely strong on KC, because of recharge tower and in Capacitor she is like a god with 3x recharge towers, you spam your ultimate and this is a big advantage for your team.

I really don`t get Respawn idea, they nerf top legends, just to overly buff already a good legend, and to put them above rest, how exactly you are going to get a good balance like that?

This opinion is purely based if they decide to give Lifeline this particular buff.

And Bangalore and Bloodhound will be always be a 3rd tier legends, and zero pick rate in competitive ....

Message 6 of 18 (421 Views)

★★ Expert
@LordloshBang We’ll have to see.
The devs made it clear they want to rework Lifeline, so it’s likely she’ll get some change or nerf that will balance the buff.
Message 7 of 18 (394 Views)

★★ Pro

Yeah but how can they actually nerf her? Some kids like this abilities power things, but i just don`t like abilities to mess so much with your actual gameplay, aka shooting/moving.

You already have a revive thing, which is a big thing, but now its going to be even more a thing. How is this ability actually skill rewarding for exmaple?

You kill someone(knock him), and now more than ever you will need to straight up finish him. Third party will be even more of a problem. And this ability will help camping even more.

From the trailer i see i guess they will make it like that: she will be able to move(not sprint, or even sprint?) while reviving and be able to shoot, but she still shields her ally, which is a big, big thing.

And this is just her passive, which is extremely crazy.

How is this actually rewarding skill, or aggressive play? You down someone who is camping, now Lifeline will just magically touch her, and good look pushing at them, while 2 guys are shooting at you.

Now Wraith will become even more powerful, because of her portal been able to transfer downed opponent.

Now downing an enemy will mean nothing, unless you straight up kill him.  I may be wrong, but this is what is what stir in my head right now.

And this will automatically hurt some legends aka Bangalore, Bloodhound, Revenant, Mirage, Octane even more.

I don`t think the 3rd most picked legend ing was the first legend in a need of a buff/rework, you know ?

But i guess we(Bangalor main) should start spamming threads about her and how bad she is and wanting to buff her. ;D

Message 8 of 18 (367 Views)

★★★ Pro

Only a causal player such as yourself would fail to realize how strong this new Lifeline Buff really is. 

Lifeline's pick rate for Rank will be going up soon after this change. 

I still don't see Lifeline in scrims/competitive with this change but Lifeline will always be good for Pubs/Ranked and events. 

Message 9 of 18 (342 Views)

★★ Expert
@LordloshBang Well, she needed a rework because she wasn’t really unique.
I’m guessing they’ll nerf some other part to her to make it balanced.
Message 10 of 18 (316 Views)