Another pathfinder instance where he takes no damage, bullets go right through

by Throhjen

Original Post

Re: Pathfinder's broken hitbox

★★ Pro

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

The team touched up on hit registration issues last week in the latest update from Respawn. It's being looked into. Thumbs up

Check it out here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/News-Game-Updates/An-Update-on-Apex-Legends-from-Respawn-04-25-19/m-p/7825...

Specifically though,   pathfinder is extremely broken compared to other legends.

Message 31 of 44 (769 Views)

★ Guide
It's ruining my games now ... I fight at lest one broken pathfinder each match and usually die to him taking way less damage than he should have
Message 32 of 44 (746 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, at first I was not really believing it was that bad, but it seems it's just getting worse and worse. Yesterday it was like the tick rate was lower for Pathfinder. My crosshair was dead on but only every 4th bullet or so did damage.

Message 33 of 44 (740 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@ZeptikkHue wrote:

Yeah, at first I was not really believing it was that bad, but it seems it's just getting worse and worse. Yesterday it was like the tick rate was lower for Pathfinder. My crosshair was dead on but only every 4th bullet or so did damage.

That sounds like they're doing discrete intersection checks, rather than swept paths.

I can't for a second believe that to be the case, but it certainly fits the symptoms.

Message 34 of 44 (727 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This pathfinder thing is just FRUSTRATING. Hitting him with piecekeeper from 3 meters in the center of torso and doing 8 damage from 1 pellet. You shoot 5 times and deal about 50 damage. This should be fixed ffs. This makes so many people angry, mad. Broken legend messes all game. I know 2 people who already left Apex legends until it will become "not the mess i see now" as they say.

Message 35 of 44 (716 Views)

Pathfinder no hitbox what is going on

★ Novice

I know every game you can't hit him ever it takes a shotgun to do damage or grenades fix it please

Message 36 of 44 (708 Views)

Re: Another pathfinder instance where he takes no damage, bullets go right throu

★★★★ Novice

Pathfinder should be disabled from characted selection until this is fixed. I just had a game where I landed next to a pathfinder. I got a Wingman and 2 Arc stars. I stuck him with both arc stars, shot all 4 wingman shot into him and punched it 3 times but only did damage twice even though it made the hit registered sound. Absolute BS. This garbage will stop me from playing Apex Legends completely. Pathfinder definitely remind you that the game is Free-to-Play

Message 37 of 44 (592 Views)

Re: NEW pathfinder Shot register??

★★★★ Pro
Yesterday, I had 3 consecutive Peacekeeper blasts at melee range connect to a Pathfinder, but no hitreg. Red dots, yellow dots, zero damage. He punched me to death.
EU server, 39 ping.
Next game, out-R99'd a Wraith piloted by a 5k kill player with great movement skills, took 3 mags but all hits registered. (Mirage main, I'm average on a good day...)
Next, I get stomped by a stationary Pathfinder with really lacking aim and slow rate of fire Hemlok... One Soccer ball hit registered as damage on him.
But hey, it's just a game, amirite..?
Message 38 of 44 (584 Views)

Pathfinder hitbox is currently in accurate, compared to the rest of his model.

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number radeon 570x
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? JamesSpringfield
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. In a match against a Pathfinder.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I was shotting at a pathfinder.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Everytime there's a pathfinder
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue?
What happens when the bug occurs? Pathfinder ignores most bullets.
What should be happening instead? Pathfinder should be able to be hit, just like all the other characters.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to shot Pathfinder in a game of Apex. The only area worth aiming at is the chest.

The pathfinder hitbox is currently not working correctly. Hitting anything BUT the chest and head is almost impossible. Hemlok burst fire doesn't do consistent damage either, usually only 1 bullet connects.

Message 39 of 44 (494 Views)

Re: Another pathfinder instance where he takes no damage, bullets go right throu

★ Apprentice
@Throhjen Still have this issue, it almost seems worse since update.
Message 40 of 44 (457 Views)