Re: A thought on Pathfinder......

by NNeil6991

Original Post

A thought on Pathfinder......

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

NO - this isn't a gripe about the hitbox.........but is a rethink, might be a solution, and would definitely add to the uniqueness of the character.......

Why is a headshot worth more?  Well......it's putting a bullet in the other guy's brainpan, that SHOULD be worth more than a hit to the shoulder or leg.........

Where is Pathfinder's "brain"?    My guess - judging by the size of his head (or sensor stalk, or whatever you want to call it) - is NOT there, but in his chest.......

Why not make his chest screen his "headshot"......?

PROS - easier to shield behind cover

C0NS - a center mass "brain" would be easier to hit.

It would add to the risk-reward play of the "mad zipliner" we have now.......it would add more benefit of using cover......

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 9 (493 Views)

★ Guide
@DrenMadre That would make Pathfinder the worst character in the game unfortunately. Having your head hitbox be center mass would be a massive nerf that would cause everyone to drop him. All Respawn needs to do is revert his 5% nerf and increase cooldowns on his tactical and ult.
Message 2 of 9 (486 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Oh, I'm not talking about a balance tool as much as a "make it interesting" kind of change....

I agree just changing the headshot area would weaken him too much....just saying with the uniqueness of Pathfinder they have room to play with him more.....

Message 3 of 9 (473 Views)

★ Guide
@DrenMadre I’ve actually had this same thought but also came to the conclusion of DudeBro would be a big nerf but also be a problem if pathfinder can crouch and suddenly he’s his own head hitbox shield. I know they changed his model with the iron crown update and I don’t tend to have too many problems with him besides the occasional bullet through the legs and arms, maybe a slight headshot multiplier AND IM TALKING SLIGHTEST 0.0003 or sumthing but overall I think they need to get his place just right to be the high risk high reward play style they want to create for him
Message 4 of 9 (465 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thinking about it more......it might be as much of a perk as a nerf......

.....im thinking of his "screen" as a head shot FRONTALLY, not from the side....

Would a center mass frontal headshot be balanced by being not hitable from the sidesor rear?

Message 5 of 9 (451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@DrenMadre> It is interesting idea at first, but making headbox his torso screen makes him very insidious (gently speaking).

As you mentioned, it's only front side vulnerable, so you can't headshot him from side or back. That make snipers less reliable against him and I'm not talking about new "turn side way when being shot on" tactics to completly avoid headshots. He would also be very susceptible to shotguns as his screen is in the middle of his torso.

If you want to make him so, he could be also made more like metal robot thing => take more damage from energy weapons, less from lights and shotguns. That would make sense at this point of view and could balance out his moved headbox area in torso.

But here is one more thing. When you think of it, robots (computers) doesnt need to have "brain" in one part cumulated in one area of his body.

Message 6 of 9 (398 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@DrenMadre Come on, that big LCD as a head? Even the worst player can easily aim that big screen LCD. How's about deleting this legend completely?
Message 7 of 9 (361 Views)

★★★ Pro
@DrenMadre I krabered a pathfinder the other day then thirsted him.. ha haaa
Message 8 of 9 (332 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@d3adc3II wrote:
@DrenMadreCome on, that big LCD as a head? Even the worst player can easily aim that big screen LCD. How's about deleting this legend completely?

Yes, big target frontal......and either unhittabke or next to impossible to hit from any other position.  Maybe shrink it a bit, or a less than 2x multiplier, or......?

This is more thought experiment than anything else.....but a better discussion than all the griping of the past week lol

Message 9 of 9 (316 Views)