Re: A different way to buff Gibraltar and Caustic, and my legends Tier List

by ZeptikkHue

Original Post

What if you could only do this if in vicinity of the other players? If they didn't want this happening, they could just leave the caustic behind Standard smile

Message 41 of 46 (822 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@kartikins

I added "Bodyguard" legend to my list of legend suggestions and credited you and cheatercheater for his Ultimate ability. =)

Message 42 of 46 (814 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@cheatercheater00 

Certainly proximity could be one level of control on this, but I wonder could it be enough. I just feel many players would be very resentful if they suddenly were down 25% HP without being given and choice in the matter. Even if the Caustic is playing as a teammate, if he uses his ability when you are furiously fighting another player and you wind up going down... well, I think that would really * off most players who will blame the Caustic for them not winning the fight.

All of the conditions I can think of to make it fairer I think would  be too slow and clunky to be managable in game. If the Caustic had a radius to the ability for example, teammates could choose to stay out of that area, but it would either have to be rendered permanantly, or would have to appear when Caustic tried to use ability, but then there would be have to be a delay to allow the teammate to get out of the radius, not great ofr the Caustic. Maybe it if could only be used when teammates weren't in direct combat, but then again you have the problem that very often the will be. limiting the ability in it's usefulness. Maybe if the caustic were to throw a special flare and if you ping the flare you are allowing him to use the ability on you, but that would still cause a delay for the Caustic to use the ability... I dunno, every solution seems too complicated to me.

I think the system is a cool idea and with teams working together could be very interesting, but in random sqauds I cannot see a way to implement it that people wouldnt find unfair and potentially very irritating. Short of having and option to decide on the lobby screen whether you want your Caustic to be able to use it, I don't really see a solution. 

Message 43 of 46 (809 Views)

Those are some interesting points, thanks Standard smile

Message 44 of 46 (789 Views)

@ZeptikkHue  nice Standard smile

Message 45 of 46 (788 Views)

How important do you guys think area denial is?

Message 46 of 46 (779 Views)