Re: A different way to buff Gibraltar and Caustic, and my legends Tier List

by ZeptikkHue

Original Post

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Most of what you propose requires a redesign of portions of the game, so I don't think that will or even should happen.

The vampire ability is a very very bad idea, it will feel very unfair for your teammates to loose health just by having you on the team, without doing anything to deserve a penalty. Randoms will misuse it also.

However I do like the idea of Caustic and Gibraltar having a knockback effect on their melee and maybe even doing more melee damage than the rest.

My 2 cents.

Message 21 of 46 (737 Views)

I mean, maybe it's unfair? Or maybe it requires a different play style. If you have caustic in your team you know you have to stock up on heals. Just like if you have lifeline in your team you know that's less important. He would be like an anti-lifeline.

Message 22 of 46 (706 Views)

★ Guide

It's unfair to be punished for not doing anything wrong. An anti-Lifeline is a terrible idea. Sorry.

Message 23 of 46 (698 Views)

I respect your opinion. But I also have this to say: is it really punishment out of the blue if you know it's going to happen and can prepare for it adequately? I fell down a pit today but it wasn't really punishment or unfair, I just didn't interact with that game play mechanic correctly and... yeah Standard smile

Message 24 of 46 (687 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, it is really a punishment even if you can prepare for it. Nobody wanna team up with someone who drains your health at random moments when you did nothing wrong. * randoms will misuse it also. Forget about it :D

Message 25 of 46 (680 Views)

But the same can be said about lifeline players who drop a package with just 3 squads left - instant death. Or bangalore dropping smoke and giving you away. There's more Standard smile

Message 26 of 46 (671 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, which is bad play. So what you are saying is that you want an ability which motivates bad play,,.

Message 27 of 46 (661 Views)

By the same token you could say Lifeline encourages bad play Standard smile

Message 28 of 46 (638 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

No, there is a big difference. Bad play is implicit in your ability, there is no way around it. Also it has no protection against random griefing players. There is no good way to play with your Vampire ability, because you punish someone else, who did not deserve it. I will stop replying to this post now, the devs would never add something like this anyways, hehe.

Keep the suggestions for new stuff coming though!

Peace.

Message 29 of 46 (630 Views)

★ Guide

@cheatercheater00 

Nice post man, some well thought out ideas. Couple of things you suggested had also occured to me while musing about legends or new legends. The ability for one character to break down doors with a charge was something I thought could be a useful perk. The charge could maybe be multipurpose, making the charging player invunerable for a second or two,and also dealing 30 dmg and stunning any player who is hit by the charge... the downside should be charging into a wall or nonbreakable object should stun the charging player and leave the vunerable for a second or two.

I worry that an ability to knoch people off legdges etc could be a little OP in early fights or when fighting anywhere near a drop... insta killing a person at airbase cos you knocked them off the side seems a little unfair and OP.

I also like the idea of having a legend who has power to change/create repsawn beacons... maybe either by reactivating a used repsawn beacon or calling in a new one (like lifeline package) Combining a repsawn ability with the ability to carry your teammates deathbox with you (without being able to use the stuff) could also be interesting and maybe very useful late game. Literally creating respawns isn't the greatest idea imo, cos with 20 teams you could end up with way too many... but either the ability to reactive used ones, or special ones that can only be used by a certain character could work.

I think making gibralters dome invisible may not be the best idea, or at least not when closer to the player... maybe from far off it could be made less easy to see, but when you are in close proximity I think being inviisible would be too much of a pain.

The vampire ability is a very very bad idea, please don't give players a way of being even more toxic... and ability which could be interesting however is the exact reverse of that... one where you can select a teammate and YOU recieve any damage that they take for a short time. You could use this to stop a teammate going down or to give them that extra few HP needed to get a down. You'd have to calibrate it somehow do you don't end up with a TANK who can take 399 dmg before going down but I think an interesting mechanic could be built around this.

Anyway, it's obvious you put a lot of time and thought into your OP, and although I don't agree with everything, is certainly a well-reasoned and informative base for discussion with some interesting ideas.

Message 30 of 46 (621 Views)