Re: A different way to buff Gibraltar and Caustic, and my legends Tier List

by cheatercheater00

Original Post

Thanks Fonz Standard smile

Message 11 of 46 (861 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I can't see how you'd rate Mirage's passive as anything but totally useless....it doesn't fool anyone and doesn't benefit the player at all.

Message 12 of 46 (807 Views)

Mirage's passive? Yeah, kind of useless. Only useful in fringe situations, eg with Bangalore's smoke, or if the enemy is a total noob.

Message 13 of 46 (793 Views)

Actually I'm thinking I might like Mirage's ult more for flanking and pinching. I haven't tried it like that yet and I think it might be good for that.

Message 14 of 46 (782 Views)

★ Guide

Mirage feel's more like a sniper legend to me with all his skills. When you try think about it, even his "useless pasive" starts make sense.

On longer distances you can hardly tell, where that downed blur went, holo is much harder to recognize and ulty is great possitioning tool.

I've been using him like that several times and I have to say, this way he realy works - not only with sniper, even with single-fire hemlock + 3x or 2-4x scope he's better than on close range.

Message 15 of 46 (767 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@cheatercheater00> Although I agree with you in many things, especially in the tactical approach wich I also prefer, I have to disagree with you in some aspects.

For me, Gibraltar is much more generally applicable than Caustic, which is greatly limited in the usability of his gas (nox gas, not farts). Simply "conjure" a bulletproof barrier wherever you like is, in my opinion, a great thing to use on many occasions, as well as his loyal Gun Shield.

But that doesn't mean Caustic is useless. On the contrary. However, his ability to use his powers is limited to some extent by the space around and by haste. Caustic, who wants to plan traps, can't be in a rush, and his team should count with it and give him some.
Message 16 of 46 (762 Views)

Wow great point about Mirage sniping @RandomCZ. But I don't agree about caustic. His fart ability is very useful in getaways as there's always some sort of area you can select out in order to make people pay a lot if they follow you through. Great getaway tool imo. I don't think his ability needs a lot of planning.

Message 17 of 46 (749 Views)
Highlighted

In fact I might uprank his ability as strategic since it allows you to change the shape of the map, hmmmmm

Message 18 of 46 (748 Views)

★ Guide

@cheatercheater00> For clarification, I didn't meant a lot of plannig - just some time. When you go place some traps in the vicinity, it delays you for seconds, which means your mates are much further or they have to wait on you. Not many random team mates are willing to wait, till you place some traps behind, which separates you and its further disadvantageous.

Traps as getaway tool it feels to much situational as in more open fields you can easily avoid them or when not placed behind cover you can disable them.

Ulty is as getaway tool somehow better, coz it covers bigger area and you can disable it (if not Wraith), but is still easy to avoid in the open.

Message 19 of 46 (734 Views)

I disagree. Often when I'm chasing after a Caustic they'll just keep dropping those in the way without turning around or stopping and I have to run through the traps to get to them, or make a biig circle. And even in an open field you can make measurable impact. For example, the open space area between the bunker and the air strip. At first you think it's open so they don't matter, but if caustic and you are both running in a valley between two hills, and he drops those, the only thing you can do is to go through them and take damage and then he kills you, or you have to climb one of the hills and continue that way, and by then you'll have lost him. Not good in my opinion.

Message 20 of 46 (721 Views)