A Plead to Respawn Devs: Please Return Wraith to Glory

by WDASaBaTaJ

Original Post

A Plead to Respawn Devs: Please Return Wraith to Glory

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The initial title for this post was, "Wraith's New Void is Terrible." The change from .4 seconds to 1.25 seconds has broken her. Please return it back to .4 seconds...

I have watched the developer's video on YouTube, and have listened to the dev's reasoning for why they messed with Wraith again, but I truly believe they got it wrong this time. The reason that they gave was that Wraiths were still winning too many battles. But isn't she supposed to be winning more battles? She's a character who specializes in offense. She has weak defense. I would hope a Wraith would slaughter a Wattson more often than not. That's not to say Wattson is useless. She's invaluable as a defensive character. That's her specialty. But now Wraith's specialty has been ruined, and she's good for nothing now. 

They said they wanted her void to be used as more of a scouting tool as opposed to a get out of jail free card. But she's not a scout, she's an offensive force. That's why I loved her. Even in the Wraith short that Respawn put out many months ago, Wraith used her void as a way to escape getting shot at. It certainly wasn't used for scouting. 

Respawn devs, you got this one dead wrong, and you have destroyed your most popular character. Please return Wraith to the offensive juggernaut that she was made to be, because right now she's good for nothing. 

Also, please make her portal distance longer again...

Wraith has been my favorite character, and I have even bought tons of merchandise depicting Wraith, because I had a connection with her. But now she's almost useless. You all have nerfed her into oblivion. 

I love this game, I have been consistently playing it for well over a year. I have even invested loads of money into this game, because I want it to succeed, but you guys are ruining it. Please stop breaking it. Make Apex Great Again!

Message 1 of 8 (479 Views)

Re: A Plead to Respawn Devs: Please Return Wraith to Glory

★★ Expert
@WDASaBaTaJ They definitely didn’t get it wrong.

Besides, Wraith is still very usable. She was not nerfed massively, and is definitely not destroyed.

This isn’t even a totally original thing. After nearly every nerf or rework, there’s at least one thread that claims the character was devastated, even if the rework was a buff overall. Just have to say, you unfortunately have fallen into that hole.
Message 2 of 8 (472 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Sir_Named Well it definitely ruined the kind of playstyle I have. The playstyle that caused me to fall in love with the game. Now I've had to swith over to Octane, because he most closely resembles what I used to have with Wraith. But it's just not the same. I have been accepting of Wraith ners for a LONG time. This one pushed me over the edge, and caused me to change my main.

Every update it seems they have to keep nerfing Wraith into oblivion. Go check the patch notes history. She got a nerf in darn near EVERY one!
Message 3 of 8 (464 Views)

★★ Expert
@WDASaBaTaJ This was a rework.
And it kind of reflects on you. If you don’t like the current tactical, then you must have been using the previous one as a get out of jail free card, which was what the devs did not want.
She got a nerf in most patches because of the tactical. People kept using it to get out whenever they wanted. (And some pros were abusing her ult).
Message 4 of 8 (457 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Sir_Named Well we fundamentally disagree, and that won't change. I understand what the devs wanted, but I think the get out of jail free card was the right fit for her, because it fit her style, and meta. Now she's lost her identity as a legend. Many other legends have recently gotten significant buffs recently such as Mirage. She's the only one being dismantled. Again, I know we disagree on this, and that's fine. I'm just making my voice herd.

The main, and best use for her void is now gone. Now there's only a few situations where it's even worth using.
Message 5 of 8 (449 Views)

★★ Expert
@WDASaBaTaJ I see.
I guess when it boils down to it, the devs felt that Wraith having a get out of jail free card was fundamentally too strong.
In that case, it doesn’t seem likely they’ll change it, unless all the characters become super good.
Message 6 of 8 (435 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Sir_NamedWell like I said in my original post, I think she was meant to be offensively strong, because she's weak in many other areas. Now she's not offensively strong at all. She has no strengths in battle anymore. Just weaknesses when you consider she takes 5% more damage. 

Who's your main Sir_Named?

Message 7 of 8 (426 Views)

★★ Expert
@WDASaBaTaJ She is still offensively strong, as her tactical allows you to get close or move around. (Especially because you can see enemies, you can pair this with a Bangalore to be able to see through the smoke.)
You can also theoretically use it as an escape, but you’d need to get behind some temporary cover for a second.
Message 8 of 8 (413 Views)