Save Problems and Issues : It Takes two

by speciuk

Original Post

Re: Save Problems and Issues : It Takes two

★★★★★ Novice

Ours was PS5 too. 

in regards to the mini game solution, it is like if you are 80% through a level and it says it has saved, if there was a mini game at 50% through that level then as long as you have played that game when you lose your save.

when you try and play your save and you see you are back at the start of that level, sometimes you can play the mini games from the menu. This means when you play that game again you start at 50% of the way through and while not where you left off it’s better than from the beginning 

not a single word from EA, utter madness that this was uncovered in March and it is December and not a single  attempt to explain. This even won game of the year and that isn’t enough to get them to sort the issue. How many people have played it , got frustrated, so their copy and people have bought it per-owned costing the company a new sale? Madness.

try and put up with the frustration, it’s a great game but it was soul crushing for my other half who isn’t really a gamer to have keep doing the bits over again. 

Message 31 of 59 (2,664 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you again for your explanation with the minigame. But as I tried to explain, we couldn’t use this trick for us, as in the case of the with the mini game "Plunger Dunger", we “continue” with the game and come to this point, where we jump together on the log (see attached picture). But nothing happens then. No wasps are approaching… nothing. And according to a game solution in the web, we should fight then wasps at that point. So I guess, when you are playing “regularly” (not entering over the mini games in the main menu) until this point, the game then continuous there.

So unfortunately, this workaround didn’t work in our case (I believe you that your proposal worked for you and others), and we would need to start again (known issue) at another point much earlier in the game.

Yea, totally agree with you! My 9 year old daughter would be willing to start again there, but I’m not :-(((( This is totally annoying and just not acceptable. I’m really thinking about to bring the game back to the store.

Message 32 of 59 (2,655 Views)

Re: Save issue

★★ Novice
@EA_Illium ANY NEWS HERE???
Message 33 of 59 (2,650 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

For sure the game is faulty, I would print out this or at least take it to the store with you to prove it's a known error.

I just can't understand such a big issue on one of their biggest releases this year and they not replied to anyone about the issue, very strange.

Message 34 of 59 (2,648 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep, had the same thing on my mind (print out).

Totally agree with you… It’s not only strange but also kind of indecent to let your customers down like this…

Thanks again for your replies ;-)

Message 35 of 59 (2,629 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi

Sad to see that EA  is so disinterested in the issue Frown I have the same problem as Tore38, namely that I arrived with my partner to the end of penultimate chapter (chapitre 6, garden) after 28 hours of play and ... after yet another crash of the game, the game to start over at the beginning!

And there is obviously no question for us of starting over from the beginning.

I have also never seen a game so buggy, it's a shame at that price! And it's a shame because without these bugs, this game would be really great!

I'm not even going  to give any additional information since anyway, like EA are very non professional, they are no longer even answer on this topic.

I'm just disgusted.

Message 36 of 59 (2,567 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We have the same issue on PS5. It is frustrating to start re playing 30 minutes if you leave the game for dinner...

Message 37 of 59 (2,529 Views)

Re: Save issue

★★★★★ Newbie

jan 3rd 2022,   the issue is still there.  on pc. 

Message 38 of 59 (2,472 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just lost my entire save. Was playing local coop only... ???

Message 39 of 59 (2,418 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still having this problem on PS4. Any updates?

Message 40 of 59 (2,388 Views)